What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Cleaned the outside.

Then the baby woke up.

Now I'm off to the dealership to get my touch up paint that came in, and then get some food.

Tsuru:
Are you doing/applying the tint yourself?? If yes, where did you get your tint from. I'm considering getting one of the pre-cut kits, but was wondering about the quality of the film and fitment. Cutting the film is a pain imo but haven't dealt with any pre-cut kits.

I applied the first batch of tint myself...then I re-read the local laws on tinting and had to strip it off before I got caught. I've got a brand new batch of Llumar ATR 35% acquired from a local shop that's going on tonight unless it really rains. I find the 5 easy to tint yourself. There's no deep pockets to reach into. The rear window is a bit of a pain since you have to do it in strips or know how to use a heat gun.

Brought home a new couch and loveseat (two trips). It's amazing how quick others are to let you merge in front of them when you have a couch hanging out the back of your car :)

I applied the first batch of tint myself...then I re-read the local laws on tinting and had to strip it off before I got caught. I've got a brand new batch of Llumar ATR 35% acquired from a local shop that's going on tonight unless it really rains. I find the 5 easy to tint yourself. There's no deep pockets to reach into. The rear window is a bit of a pain since you have to do it in strips or know how to use a heat gun.

I've DIY before, but before the pre-cut kits, I agree, all of the windows look fairly easy to do/apply, relatively flat glass w/o much curve, the windows in the 4 doors will be the biggest issue due to getting it positioned along the edges. One site I visited suggested taking the weather striping out on the roll down windows, but not sure if I want to tackle that part, sure it would be easier, but how difficult the removal and re-install of the weather strips is something unknown to me. GL on your install.

Serviced the 08 today and indicated subtle but annoying vibration when braking. Resurfaced the rotors, and under warranty (?). Always thought it was tear and wear part but can't complain...

I waxed car, and put on the bra. Going on a long drive tomorrow.

Attachments

• CIMG1609sm.jpg
    CIMG1609sm.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 265
On Wednesday took the Kids to Dorney Park in Allentown,Pa in it, and Thursday took the kids to Wildwood, NJ in it...They Ate in my car, they changed in my car and they made a frickin mess in my car....I have to take it to wash it and vacuum the hell out of it ( sand and crumbs everywhere and chocolate chips on my backseats...ARGH!!!) but I'm too tired from all that driving and no sleep the last couple days...But she worked like a champ and made me love her more.I love my effin 5!!!!

I drove to Victoria and back to the Comox Valley twice in the last 3 days to bring my M.I.L. for the holiday visit. 500km return, so I logged a thousand K in the last few days.

With just me in the 5, I drove the s*** out of it, full throttle, redline shifts, 140kph blasts, and the tunes cranked. YeeHaw!

With Mom in Law shotgunning, I was more sedate with accel and tune volume, but still managed to cruise at 120K.

Love the 5!

On Wednesday took the Kids to Dorney Park in Allentown,Pa in it,
went to Hersheypark yesterday, loved it! I'm 15 minutes from dorney, can't stand to go there again, WAY too ghetto for me, though it's a great park. hershey has a much more 'tame' crowd of people, more kid friendly, only 1.5 hrs from Easton.
all 6 seats taken, everyone loves riding in my 5!

They Ate in my car, they changed in my car and they made a frickin mess in my car....I have to take it to wash it and vacuum the hell out of it ( sand and crumbs everywhere and chocolate chips on my backseats...ARGH!!!)

As tough as it is you may need to start thinking on buying a family car... oh wait ;)

On Wednesday took the Kids to Dorney Park in Allentown,Pa

went to Hersheypark yesterday, loved it!

Keep those good area suggestions and comments coming :D

After washing her and vacuuming her ......I decided to take her up to Boston for a Red Sox game at Fenway and watch the fireworks on the Charles River. We were suppose to take my Fiance's Subaru but my Baby looked so shiny and clean we took her up. Watched the Sox lose, stayed on the Mass Ave bridge for 4 hours to save our seat for the fireworks get up to leave and the fireworks start..( I was pissed ...I was up since 3 in the morning and it was now 10:35pm...they started at 10:37) Anyways took her up to the Yankee Candle Store in South Deerfield, Mass....Awesome place...the Misses loves Yankee Candles and this place is huge...So put over 1,000 miles in one week and I got between 25.5-30 mpg with the A/C blasting....And all without a hiccup...I LOVE MY 5!!! best purchase ever!(rules)

Speaking of off topic.....As I'm trekking on route 2 towards South Deerfield ....on this 2 lane road I saw 4 Mazda 5's in the other lane...Most I've ever seen on one strech of road.

Today I attempted my first oil change on the 5. Whoever did the oil change prior to me (I bought it used) over torqued the drain plug and cartridge housing. I was able to get the drain plug out but I couldn't get the housing off with my strap wrench. Guess I need one of those specific wrenches. Will change the filter when I find an affordable wrench (dealer wants $30ish).

Today I attempted my first oil change on the 5. Whoever did the oil change prior to me (I bought it used) over torqued the drain plug and cartridge housing. I was able to get the drain plug out but I couldn't get the housing off with my strap wrench. Guess I need one of those specific wrenches. Will change the filter when I find an affordable wrench (dealer wants $30ish).

I've never had to do it, but heard if you drive a screwdriver through the oil filter and then turn it, it will do the trick.

Back