What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Maybe someday I'll get some side skirts, they make a big difference visually. (IMO)
they really do and I think you should. I really like the stock kit bc it is very subtle.

I prefer functionally low personally. Please let us know what you think of the yellowspeeds after some use. I've been looking at them recently. Looks good.
will give some feedback after a few hundred miles. Honestly i'm kinda worried it may not be my liking. I may play around with it. I'm not a slam it kinda guy but temped to do so -just bc... the fronts have 1.5" more inches to drop (see perch spacing in 1st pic, I gapped 1.5 as starting test point. Will bring it up .5" and go from there. Great thing about CO is that height setting has no impact on ride quality, ground clearance will be my enemy.

And they're installed :D

1546371_10101056511349840_4210270258907143957_n.jpg
You need to hook up with mopho for some better pics ;)

I'm guessing it is lighting but not a fan of that color combo as it appears but this pic does the car/rim no justice...

Another quick phone shot next to the press car of the week

10353361_10101058864479150_6151660872365598088_o.jpg

I might get the taillights tinted a smoke color or something, but leave the backup parts untinted....

I started working on the sound deadening that has been on my to-do list since about a year ago...

D9xAYZ6.jpg

v5evn5w.jpg

Mostly RAAM audio stuff. I sourced the MLV elsewhere (semi-local theater company) due to shipping costs.

Thanks. I need to paint the headlight housings black. Anyone in WA ever do it before and want to give me a hand?

Hey Tuanies did you do the tinting yourself or did you have it done by a shop? Either way, what is the process or what does it entail? Do they all come out even meaning the same shade of darkness? TIA

Tomorrow, I'll drive mine to work for only the second time since I got my Miata in early September! I'm bringing the 5 tomorrow because after work I'm picking up a replacement fender, rear bumper cover and trunklid for the Miata, and a spare Miata passenger seat to build a sim cockpit for my basement! :)

While I really do like the 5, and love what it's capable of, when I have the choice every day between driving it and driving my Miata, Miata is always the answer! ;-)

I paid a shop to do it. Was $80.

The sensor is for the Gosher's Blind Spot Monitor system.

I miss having a Miata :(

Replaced the rear shocks with KYBs, the mounts, and also replaced the bump stops. What a difference! Next up will be the front struts. I plan to replace the springs with H &Rs while I have the assembly apart.

Next up will be the front struts. I plan to replace the springs with H &Rs while I have the assembly apart.

So much easier if you're replacing the struts and springs together. You don't have to compress the old set for disassembly and you don't have to compress the new H&R for the new struts either.

So I don't have to rent a spring compressor? Hmmmm I was thinking about that last night while I was falling asleep.

Back