What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

I replaced my thermostat and Ect sensor. While I was at it I flushed the coolant. The hardest part was dealing with the engine cover underneath the car. Hopefully this will take care of the check engine light. I drove about 40 miles and no light.

I installed installed H&R and Koni

15371175895_f6f8785e4f_b.jpg

15370920422_733e479c7e_b.jpg

15348165336_8dcba559cb_b.jpg

I'm going in on Wednesday to get new tires on my '12 Five Touring. The originals are shot after 2-3/4 years and less than 27,000 miles. I was strongly tempted to have the Tire Rack ship me a complete 16" wheel/tire combo, but for now I'm putting some Conti PureContacts (or rather, my dealer is) on the original 17s. Hoping for some pretty noticeable ride improvement in addition to the other benefits claimed for this tire.

Last edited:
Changed out fog light. The yellow gave up the ghost. I just put them in earlier this year (shrug). On the bright side, they were easier to do than the headlights. Unbelievable!

Foglight (bulbs?) easier to change than headlight (bulbs?)?

Unless you are missing your undertray, I call shenanigans! The headlight bulbs take all of 30seconds, and you don't have to lay down to get to them.

Foglight (bulbs?) easier to change than headlight (bulbs?)?

Unless you are missing your undertray, I call shenanigans! The headlight bulbs take all of 30seconds, and you don't have to lay down to get to them.

Pre-2012 are a pain, 2012+ have different and better design.

I have a 2013 and was pretty confused b/c I thought you were talking about the fog design being better, but you must mean the headlights, huh?

Sweet, like the wheels and that looks like the same lip I have. Did you have to modify it at the wheel well too, or did it come like that?

Thanks loosenut, this is the autoex from eBay. Yes I had to do some modifying to make it fit.

Finished the front, still need to R&R the rear.

High grit sandpaper + alloy polish to bring the shine back to the slide pins.

To slam or not slam?

Looks like a really good overhaul.

Maybe someday I'll get some side skirts, they make a big difference visually. (IMO)

The first and second gen sideskirts are the same iirc. I'd like a set too eventually.

Finished plastidipping the last two wheels. Got Yokohoma Advan Sport A/S in stock MS3 size for them

10603906_10101056058731890_4450477342222680337_o.jpg

To slam or not slam?

I prefer functionally low personally. Please let us know what you think of the yellowspeeds after some use. I've been looking at them recently. Looks good.

Maybe someday I'll get some side skirts, they make a big difference visually. (IMO)

I tend to agree but it is low priority to me, rather spend my money on performance at this point. I'm doing the necessary reading to decide if I want to turbo. Your build thread has been very handy.

Back