What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Well I tried searching for the thread but I couldn't find it. Anyway, as mentioned previously my outside temperature read out was always off by about ~10 degrees under and although that TSB floating around said something about it being normal and crap I decided to bite the bullet and buy a outside temp sensor and install it. Guess what? It fixed it! So I call bulls*** on that TSB. If your outside temp read out is off and not reading correctly please disregard that bulls*** TSB from Mazda that's says its normal and replace or have them replace your outside temp sensor if you're under warranty.

What are your thoughts on the replacement? a bit louder sounding? a bit better performance?

no better performance than stock, and doesn't sound much different either. both of those are a good thing, since i wasn't looking for anything louder than stock. the pipe does look much better made than the stock piece, and the bends are much nicer.

Last weekend I installed a Hayden 677 transmission cooler on my 2012 Mz5 with 24K miles. At the same time I flushed all the transmission fluids and replaced with Valvoline Import MV full synthetic fluid.

Last edited:
Last weekend I also did a full transmission fluid flash on our 2008 Mz5 with 73K . I replaced with Valvoline Import MV synthetic. On this car I also replaced front right and lower rear engine mounts with OEM-style replacement parts from Rock Auto. The car drives like brand new and shifts so smooth.

You already had to change your engine mounts? I've got a bit over 100k, wonder if I need to change mine? I don't see any fluid coming out, but sometimes NVH does seem a bit excessive especially in the mornings and at stops.

Finally lowered it on H&R springs #52685 I love it!

VFF1JXX.jpg

You're spending too much time on your turbo setup. It's the new look, man!

Slammed-Society-13-028-1200x750.jpg

camber-infiniti-q45_2.jpg

Ah, that's right, I forgot. Less performance, more lows! (not trying to rag on tbholbrook, I like the look of his 5 in general. I'd like side sills and a front lip eventually myself. In fact, I wish I could have gotten my car in white, I think it looks very clean.)

PLEASE tell me that second pic is photoshopped...

OK, the more I think about it, it HAS to be photoshopped, there's no way a halfshaft could make that kind of angle.

Last edited:
Drove out to Pimlico race course in Baltimore for the third Rodders Journal Revival, best rod and custom show on the east coast E V A R lol Lots of really great cars, including James Hetfields Black Pearl. Tomorrow i tackle the front sway bar bushings and begin the 3x flush/fill for the tranny

Back