What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Installed a trailer hitch for use with a bike rack.
20140911_174243_zpsthglyc97.jpg

Finally ordered the Konis for the front. This of course after a pothole claimed yet another tire. They will get here tomorrow, so guess what im doing this weekend...

I gave my baby a complete wash before the temperature gets live Venus... I cleaned inside, outside, washed the carpets, even cleaned the engine bay too....

10p9awn.jpg

For today I have to go permanently say good by to my good friend in his funereal :(

Your wind deflectors on the racks are backwards, FYI.

Seemed weird to me, but it seemed correct from the directions. Solid arrow represents direction of travel. Am I reading the directions wrong?

gu3ety2a.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:
Unpacked the Koni yellows for the front. Managed to get my hands on one strut bearing/mount. Not a bad thing, in retrospect probably should have ordered them with the struts. I really didnt want to both sides in one day anyhow, ive got my old Subaru to get me to work on Monday.

Just as I suspected, front struts are a huge PITA. Got the passenger side done after only 6.5 hours. Many minor annoyances along the way including strut compressors frozen up with rust. Getting the strut out of the knuckle without a proper spreader added A LOT of time and profanity to the proceedings. Gotta go looking for the post with info about poly sway bar bushings.

Just as I suspected, front struts are a huge PITA. Got the passenger side done after only 6.5 hours. Many minor annoyances along the way including strut compressors frozen up with rust. Getting the strut out of the knuckle without a proper spreader added A LOT of time and profanity to the proceedings. Gotta go looking for the post with info about poly sway bar bushings.

Did you lower as well?

Back