What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

What gives? Is the fuel system designed so that the pickup screen does all the filtering you need? (scratch)
Basically, idea is fuel tanks made of plastic, so no rust build up, fuel at the pump is clean. So nothing to really filter.
I took two tank out for unrelated issues in 2002 and 2003 cars two and 3 years ago with the screen fuel filters, they were clean as a whistle.

Hi. The last year....

Mirror from Japan

9a83601s-960.jpg

In color classic red

e3e3929s-960.jpg

Lowerings springs -40mm

c3c9a81s-960.jpg

YAAAAgB1v2A-960.jpg

OcAAAgO1v2A-960.jpg

Mazda 5 door sill

b0e44e1s-960.jpg

37644e1s-960.jpg

Steering with new material

c580dees-960.jpg

2580dees-960.jpg

6580dees-960.jpg

Hood Shock Damper Kit by Sokie tech

a3768des-960.jpg

24f68des-960.jpg

Spoiler for Mazda 5

5f6a33es-960.jpg

df6a33es-960.jpg

LED rear bumper light

Day light
23c9929s-960.jpg

Brake light

39c9929s-960.jpg

Multimedia

Focal

215f919s-960.jpg

Android with front and rear camera

b2c7f0es-960.jpg

2890ddes-960.jpg

11b828ds-960.jpg

61b828ds-960.jpg

Pedal cover

77522d9s-960.jpg

f4348d9s-960.jpg

Leather seats

39d8ef5s-960.jpg

69d8ef5s-960.jpg

55d8ef5s-960.jpg

mQAAAgJWaOA-960.jpg

fIAAAgBWaOA-960.jpg

M4AAAgBWaOA-960.jpg

Light

yKAAAgI4P2A-960.jpg

5yAAAgI4P2A-960.jpg

_SAAAgI4P2A-960.jpg

Front Bumper lip

ocAAAgOmgOA-960.jpg

Mirror from Mazda 6 GH

zIAAAgF70OA-960.jpg

fwAAAgF70OA-960.jpg

lwAAAgF70OA-960.jpg

uwAAAgF70OA-960.jpg

pwAAAgF70OA-960.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED (headbang)

Last edited:
Looks good.
Where did you route the rear camera? I've installed in other cars but can't figure out a good spot in this car.
Also need a link for those sill plates :)

Installed trailer wiring: https://youtu.be/InhQxegRBUc

I'm a little sad that the thread I maintained for a few years with all the little write ups on repair and maintenance of the 5 is now gone :(
Used to be a sticky under How to..... Took way too much effort to make and maintain it.. not gonna start a new one.

Got some new tires. This is my 4th set of all-seasons in the 123k miles I've owned it. These new ones should last longer. Previous tires were OEM Turanza EL400-02s, then two sets of Cooper RS3-As. Bought Continental PureContact LS tires today from DiscountTire: installed price for four tires was $579, but Continental is running a $70 rebate until the end of the month so I'll get that back and drop the price to $509. The PureContact LS is new as of last year replacing the PureContact. TireRack tested them and they came in 2nd place against the Michelin Premier, while Consumer Reports rates them higher than the Michelin and recommends them (but not the Michelin). Only two Performance All-Season tires are currently recommended by Consumer Reports: the PureContact LS and the Michelin CrossClimate+, which I can't find anywhere and is much more expensive. Already on my initial driving home and around town the tire is so much smoother and quieter than the Coopers, which makes sense because the RS3-A is an ultra high performance tire while this is merely performance (also known as Grand Touring). Please so far, will see how it fares.

Summer tires (Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring) off and winter tires (Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7) on! Should have done it earlier but some things got in the way. Already missed a couple of snowy days one of which made me slide quite a bit. :(

Word of caution: tire places in my area (West Michigan) and probably many others where winter weather is an issue are packed this time of year although this year seems worse than usual. Part of it is probably all of the good deals that Discount Tire ran in recent years and the book of business they have from that. Plus they have good deals around Thanksgiving anyway. Regardless, I hear that while stores officially close at 6, employees stay until 10 pm - 10:30 pm to get all of the cars through. Want an appointment for a specific time slot? Expect a 2-3 week delay, e.g. they are all booked up through mid-December.

Replaced front lower control arm, took pictures for posting later. Pain in the ass on the passenger side.

Replaced AC clutch, need to get more refrigerant since I bled out too much and it won't start. Still haven't found a clutch coil that fits without splicing wires. But damn those bearings really self-destruct hard when they decide to go.

I think I just have passenger engine mount to go and it'll pretty much be a 100% car besides every day dings and rock chips. Then post for sale....

Replaced front lower control arm, took pictures for posting later. Pain in the ass on the passenger side.

Replaced AC clutch, need to get more refrigerant since I bled out too much and it won't start. Still haven't found a clutch coil that fits without splicing wires. But damn those bearings really self-destruct hard when they decide to go.

I think I just have passenger engine mount to go and it'll pretty much be a 100% car besides every day dings and rock chips. Then post for sale....
did you put in new control arms (any recommendations?) or just replace bushing? What made the pass side more difficult? I*m developing highway shimmies and need to check rims but think it*s about time for new LCA (or bushing).

How did the AC clutch work out? Did you just get a reman cool or press in new bearing?

Is that the 38" fairing? Interested to see how your mileage changes with it compared to running just the bare rack. I have experience running the rack+fairing but not just the rack.

Back