In Memory of Mazdas247 Member "1338"
In Memory of Mazdas247 Member "1338"
Page 207 of 209 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3128

Thread: What have you done with your Mazda5 today?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by kashun842 View Post
    Fixed the pics. The mod is not that hard.

The plastic tray has to be remove and trimmed to fit the hinge of the bottom piece. There is a line on the tray already. The hinge was riveted to the original seat base which has to be cut off and replaced with some bolts and nuts. The US seat base have those holes pre-drilled which is nice and installation is straight forward.

The back piece is a little different which involving swapping the frame of the back piece where the hinge and a "C" hook for the new seat welded on it. The original cover from the donor car has a zip going from the bottom all the way to the hook. Since the one from the donor car has a different pattern than mine and I would like to keep mine to match the rest of the seats. So fitting the frame with the "C" hook in the US ver, seat cover take a little bit effort. Once fitted into position. I cut the cover and the foam underneath to match the "C" hook and that's it.
    More importantly, where did you source the parts and how much should you expect to pay for it?

Registered Member

2014 Mazda5 Sport 6MT, 1997 Miata

I got them from a Junk yard in Hong Kong, Kam Tin to be more specific if you are familiar with the area, while I was there for vacation. Paid ~$190 for the whole LHS 2nd row seat assembly since they are attached. Disassembled the 7th seat and took the frame of the back piece. They are all fitted into my luggage.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by kashun842 View Post
    I got them from a Junk yard in Hong Kong, Kam Tin to be more specific if you are familiar with the area, while I was there for vacation. Paid ~$190 for the whole LHS 2nd row seat assembly since they are attached. Disassembled the 7th seat and took the frame of the back piece. They are all fitted into my luggage.
    You may be the first in the US to do this! Does your state allow unbelted adults in the back row? That's probably the biggest hurdle unless you can use latch anchors for a car seat in the middle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda5 Sport 6MT, 1997 Miata

I think the middle seat was never intended to attach any car seats. That will be just for my rare occasional local trips that need to bring the 7th person on board.

Registered Member

Mazda5

I just used the info from a thread in the how to section. I still haven't installed the passenger seat. My wife REALLY like the arm rest. I'll post pics when it's done. It's a pretty simple job. You use the top and lower seat pad from the 3. You attach the lower seat foam and cover to the 5 seat pan then bolt it to the 5 seat track. Took me about 45 minuets to do one seat. I'm sure the passenger one will go faster.

Finally put a stainless steel tip onto the after market replacement muffler. Took over 3 months to arrive from Aliexpress, and surprisingly it is made of stainless steel not a cheap chromed steel.

2010 Mazda5 Touring

We're #1... ..at sending our Governors to jail!
    Drove from Illinois to Maryland. Sometime during the trip my exhaust got super loud. I suspect a leak or hole in front of the muffler, so I guess exhaust work will be done when I get back.

Registered Member

2005 Mazda5 1.8 MT

Installed Ring RMS10 power socket in rear fold out cup holder

Today I installed this power socket (12V + USB) in the rear fold-out cup holder between the to front seats:

http://www.ringautomotive.com/uk/pro...-Sockets/RMS10

I bought it to use it occasionally as a stand-alone socket, but it fitted so nicely in the cup-holder that I decided to make it a permanent install.
    The install turned out to be quite straightforward:
    1. Remove the complete console by detaching the four screw on the side walls
    2. Remove the cupholder by removing one screw and then detach it from the clips
    3. Remove the front cover of the cupholder
    4. Drill two holes in the cupholder, one for the power line and one for a screw to secure it to the bottom of the cupholder.
    5. Cut the wire of the power socket to allow it to go through the hole
    6. Route the wire through the hole and on the inside of the cup-holder re-attach it to the other part of the cord.
    7. Secure the wire using a tie-wrap to the hinge of the cupholder to make sure the wire doesn't get trapped
    8. Route the remaining part of the wire to the front of the complete console and reinstall the console.

Registered Member

2005 Mazda5 1.8 MT

Some other photo's:
    Reconnecting the wire_resize.jpg
    Ring RMS10 with cut wire_resize.jpg
    Route the wire to the front_resize.jpg
    Securing the power wire_resize.jpg
    The final result_resize.jpg

I cannot find out how to show them inline, so ended up adding the photo's as attachments...

Registered Member

2012 Mazda5 Sport AT

I changed my own oil for the first time ever in any vehicle today. Used Mobil1 0W-20 with a Mobil1 filter. 107,685 miles.
    Last edited by Orangutan; 07-30-2017 at 12:43 AM.
    Completed mods: 15% tint all around | Class I trailer hitch | JKS Rear Spoiler | OEM bumper guard | OEM roof rack | Thule 872XT fairing | Hella Supertone Horns

2014 Mazda5 Sport Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    I changed my own oil for the first time ever in any vehicle today. Used Mobil1 0W-20 with a Mobil1 filter. 107,685 miles.
    Good choice! I have M1 0w20 Advanced Fuel Economy in mine (+ Wix black can filter).

2010 Mazda5 Touring

Arrived home after driving to Maryland and DC followed by New York. Gas wasn't bad but those tolls, yikes!!!

2010 Mazda5 Touring

Finally had the Mazdaspeed3 exhaust installed on my 5. My original exhaust had broken off in a couple places, so I finally had the reason to do it. Looks great and sounds better.

2009 Mazda5 Sport

Hiiiiiiiiii! Since I've been here last:

Oil change
    Front sway bar bushings
    Coil packs
    Valve cover gasket
    AC system refresh
    Belts
    New head unit
    JBL component speakers all around
    PPI 4x60 + 200 amp to drive system
    Infinity 860w sub in the back
    Battery
    Upgraded to 225/50-17 tires, fits fine even under severe drop on 17x7 +55 wheels

Hunting a stock 17x6.5, the one that has the 5 spokes that split at the very end to become 10 tiny spokes at the edge of the rim. I want to check brake fitment.

Oh, also considering selling the car if anyone is interested in it as it sits, with all the mods on it. That would save me some time parting all the aftermarket stuff off of it, and maybe it would go to someone that would appreciate everything that's been done. I'll be back more regularly from this point forward.

Registered Member

2012 Mazda5 Sport AT

Not on my 5, but installed new spark plugs in the wife's CRV at 62k miles.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 207 of 209 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 LastLast