What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

If you like Armorall, try Meguiar's Natural Shine. It smokes Armorall. Use microfiber towels, too.

I will try it next time I need to purchase, but it might be a while. I stocked up on it when the Strauss auto by me closed down. I will try the low gloss for the very top of the dash to cut back on glare though.

Also I cried looking at the back bumper of my 5 today. I think it scratches if you look at it too long. Is it me or does this paint scratch like crazy?! I think the bumper guard I use does more damage than if I didn't bother! Time to go buff a little.............

twintrbo;5248490 Also I cried looking at the back bumper of my 5 today. I think it scratches if you look at it too long. Is it me or does this paint scratch like crazy?! I think the bumper guard I use does more damage than if I didn't bother! Time to go buff a little.............[/QUOTE said:
I don't use the bumper guard. I think it gives false sense of protection. The groceries and cargo will still scratch the guard and the bumpair surface that's not covered by the guard.

We just 'try our best' not to drag groceries over the bumper when unloading.
I have scratches on the bumper. But not much. It still looks good after cleaning and then waxing.

Also if you had the guard installed, and you decide to remove it, you will have a 'guard' mark area , surrounded by scratches.

Last edited:
......but I didn't have a jack that would do the job, and I don't like using ramps (just a preference)...
I like ramps though with the Mazda5 I need to use some pieces of 2x4 so that the Mazda5 bumper doesn't hit the ramp first.

attachment.php

I'm talking about this guard for parallel parking.

http://www.chariotauto.com/

Wow. Just move to place where people are smart enough to not destroy your parked car. Just kidding. Man that sucks that you have to worry about that crap. If someone hits your car here they leave a note with their phone number usually. I've even been paged in the grocery store to be told that my F150 with 290,000 miles on it has a scuff on a rusted bumper because someone hit it and wanted to exchange insurance info. I just laughed and said no thanks.

Dude, I had the car for 3 weeks when my neighbor dug his license plate screws into the rear bumper squeezing his conversion van into a spot. Maybe if he didn't leave the empty carrier on the trailer hitch that adds 3 feet to the behemoth, he could park it! Why a family of 4 needs a van that size is beyond me, and why it needs extra cargo room is even more of a mystery. My next house will have a private driveway and a 2 car garage for sure. Right now I'm looking to repair whatever scuffs are on there and going for a clear film protectant too. Its the one thing about living in the city I cant stand, to some people a car is an appliance and they park by feel.

Oh yea, I know all about that. Been there, done that. After your description of the situation I see exactly why that bumper protector would be a good thing. Good luck.

in MY neighborhood, I WISH people would actually park a little closer! parking is very limited on the street, too many apartments, too many cars, so when people get all selfish and park their POS focus in the middle of a space that can fit two cars and leave it there for 3 days, and I have no where to park, well, that pisses me off.

lol! I understand Mpvue completely
I'm one block from the 'downtown' area that has parking meters and marked spots. I WISH they extended that to my block; that way, I can buy a parking sticker and marked spots will maximize available spots.
it will also keep all the illegals from leaving all their cars all over the place; I mean, one apartment has like 10 different people who cycle in and out every few days w/ 6-7 different cars.

I'm one block from the 'downtown' area that has parking meters and marked spots. I WISH they extended that to my block; that way, I can buy a parking sticker and marked spots will maximize available spots.
it will also keep all the illegals from leaving all their cars all over the place; I mean, one apartment has like 10 different people who cycle in and out every few days w/ 6-7 different cars.

OMG that would piss me off bad.

installed bug deflector and shift knob today.. I supposed to install my oem roof rack that I ordered but it came with incomplete parts. I have to call the dealer that I ordered it from tomorrow to ask them what's up?
DSCF3189.jpg

DSCF3192.jpg

Last edited:
I love that shift knob.........Where did you get it.....I am going with the whole red and black theme on mine.

Today I:
Modified the drivers seat bottom to have more of a tilt to it.
Installed a panoramic mirror to watch the kids in the back without turning.
Cut down the plastic panel next to the accelerator pedal so I dont get my foot caught under the brake pedal.
Washed it, so it looks purty :)

Do you have more info on your driver side seat modification? I have pretty long legs and would like a little more support by tilting the front of the seat upwards.

Nevermind. Found it and will be doing that ASAP. Thanks for the writeup twintrbo.

I did a few things to my five...

HIDs, changed my low beam from 6000k 35 watts to 8000k 55watts
DSCN1176.jpg
DSCN1175.jpg
DSCN1174.jpg
DSCN1167-1.jpg

ROTORS, had that problem of pulsating pedal when I apply brakes @@100kph+. Dealer says need rotors so....did it myself and saved $$$, got a good deal also on the rotors, they're Nickel Chrome plated (silver color) so they don't rust easily as OEM. Painted the calipers while I'm at it.
DSCN1179.jpg
DSCN1180.jpg

SHOES...time for a set of tires to replace my Toyos anyways, so got these instead. 225/40/18 et45
DSCN1183.jpg
DSCN1186.jpg
DSCN1182.jpg
DSCN1184.jpg

Last edited:
Back