What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Just installed a SiriusXM radio i got on sale from the local Walmart. Just gotta figure out the best place to install the antenna to get the optimal signal.

I put mine on the roof between the base of the regular antenna and the rear hatch. More for the convienence of running the wiring but the signal is pretty good too!

993757_10151688234910586_250133382_n.jpg

I hate to say it, but MS3 FTW. The RX8s just look too much like the stock wheels, especially from a distance. That and who wants the expense of 18" rubber at replacement time? I say that as someone who puts 45K + on his cars every year however, just food for thought.... And to the poster of the pic on MS3 wheels, I'm diggin that patio awning you have on the back of yours! You could tailgate with twenty friends under that thing LOL

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but MS3 FTW. The RX8s just look too much like the stock wheels, especially from a distance. That and who wants the expense of 18" rubber at replacement time? I say that as someone who puts 45K + on his cars every year however, just food for thought.... And to the poster of the pic on MS3 wheels, I'm diggin that patio awning you have on the back of yours! You could tailgate with twenty friends under that thing LOL

MS3 wheels are also 18" wheels BTW!

Threw on my old MS3 RSB that I removed from my old 2006. No mods needed, bolts right up. For those that don't know it's a first gen MS3 RSB with stock MS3 end links and Prothane bushings and brackets.

but but but... the RX8 rims weight less (~2-3lbs) and easier to clean! :D

It’s matter of taste; old skool vs. new skool look. In case you can’t tell from my sig, I prefer old skool but the MS3 do look nice..

Threw on my old MS3 RSB that I removed from my old 2006. No mods needed, bolts right up. For those that don't know it's a first gen MS3 RSB with stock MS3 end links and Prothane bushings and brackets.
Did you reuse (move) the stock bushing collars or remove them? The Prothane bushing brackets are substantially wider than the OEM MS3 brackets. I've been sitting on my setup (MS3 RSB, Moog links, Prothane bushings) for well over a year but too lazy to do it. I need an excuse to break something.

If I could just find a good deal on either wheel style i would pull the trigger without hesitation, they both look GOOD. But in different ways, I agree, old skool, new skool. Didn't know they were both 18"s though.....

but but but... the RX8 rims weight less (~2-3lbs) and easier to clean! :D

It’s matter of taste; old skool vs. new skool look. In case you can’t tell from my sig, I prefer old skool but the MS3 do look nice..

Did you reuse (move) the stock bushing collars or remove them? The Prothane bushing brackets are substantially wider than the OEM MS3 brackets. I've been sitting on my setup (MS3 RSB, Moog links, Prothane bushings) for well over a year but too lazy to do it. I need an excuse to break something.

I cut off the bushing collars because they are useless once the Prothane bushings are used. Those collars are there to prevent the OEM bushing from sliding out the bracket since the OEM bushings are housed inside within the bracket. However, the Prothane bushings have a raised lip on each side and the bracket sit in between. So there is no way that the bushings will slide out due to those lips holding them in place between the bracket.

I also like the wood shift knob, though it wouldn't look right in mine as I don't have wood anything else. Changed the oil and finally fixed the sticking driver side caliper. Both caliper pins were dry as a bone, treated them to a liberal dose of anti-seize. That oughta do her!

I grease my pins. You know Mazda would have told you that you need new calipers entirely! The wanted $510 just to change my front pads!!(rlaugh)(rlaugh)

Looks good! I haven't installed my RX8 wheels yet but now I'm wondering if I should go with the MS3's. Where did you get your side mirror with turn signal from? The 2010's don't have the side fender indicators so this would be a nice addition. Also, I've seen your rear wing online. How does it bolt up? Thanks!

While I was under the car changing the oil I looked long and hard at all the front end bushings. This lead me to wonder if anyone has replaced their LOWER motor mount bushing. I have heard about the upper mount going bad and causing vibration and noise. But what about the lower one? Could it be a partial cause for the clunka clunka that mine has?

Back