What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

I didn't actually DO anything yet but I did order a set of H&R springs. Will probably shop a set of Koni struts/shocks today and do me an install sometime next week.
Nice! Where did you get them and for how much? I want to lower mine and don't know where to get started.

Put on some new rotors:
DSC02429_zpsa1e39313.jpg

Nice! Where did you get them and for how much? I want to lower mine and don't know where to get started.
Ordered them from Tri-Point Engineering. They are a authorized retailer on this site. I had some credit with them so I didn't pay full amount but they should be around $250 shipped from them I'm guessing.

Changed the cabin air filter with premium charcoal lines filter. Last time I used the cheapest I can find eBay special and learned my lesson. Didn't pay attention to the orientation of them coming out and was trying to stuff them in the wrong way -doh.

Search here and you'll find all available options mentioned. Regarding H&R spings, I shopped for them a while back and believe it or not TireRack was the cheapest place to but them. Go to H&R's website, get the product number, happy searching the Internet for the best deal.

so... went and got some maintenance done on the 5. needed an oil change and tire rotation. for quite a while now i had noticed vibration through the wheel which was worse at speed. the funny thing was that some days it was barely noticeable, and some days it was bad. seemed to be better once the car was warmed up. so, i wanted them to check the balance of the tires as well. since i have lifetime free balance and tire rotations, it wasnt a big deal.

so dropped the car off and went about my business. get a call a couple hours later saying it was all done. said they found a nail in the pass, rear tire. well... that might have been part of the problem. funny thing was, i had checked and filled all the tires just a month ago and no one tire was less than the others.

anyways, wife gets in the car and we drive home. no more vibrations... at all. it was smooth. not even sure what they did, but im assuming there was a balance issue and that has now been resolved. she drives like a brand new car now.

now, to just get rid of that annoying rsb squeak that is coming back. apparently lubing the stock bushings isnt really possible. when i have time i will have to get under there and check it out.

now, to just get rid of that annoying rsb squeak that is coming back. apparently lubing the stock bushings isnt really possible. when i have time i will have to get under there and check it out.

This should work for the stock brackets also. Made my life a LOT easier doing this. Get some Zerk fittings from auto parts store. Should be able to get a small pack for a few bucks. Drill and tap a hole in each sway bar bracket for a 1/4-28 thread. Screw the Zerk fittings into the brackets. Also drill a hole in your bushings in the same place so the grease can reach the bar. Now grease them at will..... I use the waterproof "green grease". Works great.

Attachments

• ZerkFitting.jpg
    ZerkFitting.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 317
What did we do with our Mazda5.

It is that time of the Year in the Prairie land. The longest winter we had it is already May 10 when we did this.
So On this day we switched from winter tire to the all-season tire.

All tires are torqued to specification. of around 90 foot-lbs.

The days of 'crisp and sporting driving is here again'.

Put on some new rotors:
DSC02429_zpsa1e39313.jpg

X-Tanker, curious to know how those Brembo slotted rotors are doing for you? I will be replacing mine soon and am considering the same ones as yours or Stop Tech's slotted. But I have read somewhere that slotted rotors get squeaky after some time of use, no?

X-Tanker, curious to know how those Brembo slotted rotors are doing for you? I will be replacing mine soon and am considering the same ones as yours or Stop Tech's slotted. But I have read somewhere that slotted rotors get squeaky after some time of use, no?

They work quite well, brakes have a lot more grab to them than my OEM ones. Of course I also replaced the pads at the same time (Bendix ceramic), so I'm sure it's a combination of both. I hadn't read that slotted rotors get squeaky over time, I hope not. These did squeak for the first couple minutes of driving, so I took the pads out and sprayed them with CRC Disc Brake Quiet and that seems to have quieted them down.

Those came out great! they look OEM, and i mean that in the most complimentary way. I drove mine to work and passed a milestone of sorts. At just short of three months of ownership, i have surpassed 10,000 miles. Bought her Feb 26 at 110,024 miles, today being the 20th of May and she turned over 120,024 on the way home this evening. I L O V E this car!

Installed LED DRL bezels on my 2012 Touring last weekend.
Looks OEM, works great!

Attachments

• IMG_2438.JPG
    IMG_2438.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2440.JPG
    IMG_2440.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 193
Finally installed my satellite radio today. I have had the same Roady XT in my last three vehicles, and had to wait until I got a new antenna because the Dynamat in the back of the Subaru ate the last one. I will have to get some pictures to show exactly what I did, but here is a brief description. I removed the lower center console (under the shifter) and pulled the CLA wiring harness loose from the CLA. Then I hardwired a Second CLA into the harness along with the 5v power adaptor for the Roady. Next I removed the radio from the dash and pulled the radio faceplate off to gain access to the cassette player block-off. I drilled a 3/4" hole in the block off and fed the antenna and power wires up through the dash and out the hole. Then using some NASA grade monkey tape i mounted the Roady directly to the block off so that it doesn't block any of the CD changer controls. I will have to get crackin on doing the free AUX-MOD as using the FM modulator kinda sucks, but for now i am happy to have XM again. And as an aside, removing the radio and lower plastics on an automatic equipped 5 is a huge PITA, IMHO LOL

Back