What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Cleaned up the wiring from the HID kit I installed last week. Had to get some spade connectors since I thought I had some but didn't.

I love me some 6000k HID's!

I'm dying to get me some HID's...but I want to do the foglights too. Post some Pics.

i traded her in... for this.

IMG_2953.jpg

lol, just kidding. but it is my 5 replacement for a while.

i took her into the dealership for an oil change and tire rotation. i also test drove a new speed3. i liked it. (black, so it hides the smile :D)

anyways, i get a call while im driving the speed saying there is something with the 5's transmission. so i had to cut my fun short and return to the dealership. they tell me that the transmission is leaking fluid. (forgot exactly where) luckily, it wasnt a lot, and there was still plenty of fluid left so there was no damage. i told them that i didnt see any puddles, but they said that it was all over the outside of the transmission and that it was pooling on the shielding that protects the underside of the engine.

so, now i have this crappy focus for 3 days. they said they have to take the transmission off, and reseal everything. basically it is just some bad seals from the factory. i guess they have seen a few 5's with this problem.

thank god for still being under warranty! this is the second warranty fix now in the 1.6 years. first one for for a squeaky drivers door window. they had to replace the motor on that one. luckily, mazda is giving us the rental for free as well. woot!

New Zoom Zoom stickers on rear windows, placement should have been on the very rear corner but what is done is done.

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

New Zoom Zoom stickers on rear windows, placement should have been on the very rear corner but what is done is done.

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

At least its on straight....lol..Looks good! Very Clean! I couldnt look at mine anymore so I took mine off. I'm not a fan of crooked

Last edited:
it was only going to be as straight as the transfer paper it came on as I lined that up with the bottom edge of the window.
Had the paper been cut crooked the stickers would have as well, thanks to Barry for a job well done on the labels.

Before

33465100035_large.jpg

After

33465100133_large.jpg

All I wanted the carbon fiber kit was to mask the silver plastic on the dash, not for the glove box and air vents and cup holders

What I did to my mazda5 today:

I experimented with my MAZDA5's throttle by wire. googled
for 'throttle by wire calibration'.

I found this thread from a non-mazda forum:
http://caliberowners.co.uk/index.php?topic=1792.0

1. First I followed exactly the procedure in the thread i.e. pedal
all the way to the floor.
-- Result: "Maybe the result is just in my imagination. But
There seems to be a 'change in feel'. Or 'the car
reacts to the gas pedal differently this time'.

2. Then I thought: "What If I press the gas pedal only halfway"?

-- Result: Definitely a 'new feel' is experienced.

I don't know what is the use for it though. But it does make the
mazda5 continously interesting.

What I did to my mazda5 today:

I experimented with my MAZDA5's throttle by wire. googled
for 'throttle by wire calibration'.

I found this thread from a non-mazda forum:
http://caliberowners.co.uk/index.php?topic=1792.0

1. First I followed exactly the procedure in the thread i.e. pedal
all the way to the floor.
-- Result: "Maybe the result is just in my imagination. But
There seems to be a 'change in feel'. Or 'the car
reacts to the gas pedal differently this time'.

2. Then I thought: "What If I press the gas pedal only halfway"?

-- Result: Definitely a 'new feel' is experienced.

I don't know what is the use for it though. But it does make the
mazda5 continously interesting.

That's is interesting...does it matter if Manual or Automatic transmission?

I bought a MS3 Catback to replace the Mazdaspeed (accessories) catback i already had. :D

Zooom Zooom ! ;)

Yea I think the wheels and tint will happen soon, the drop might have to wait for the mod budget to get funded by the boss......

caved ?? sorry i don't know this word lol

I think it's a positive comment but not sure ahahahahaha. If so, thanks :D

Just installed the tinted Gauge Cluster lens from the 2008+ Mazda 5...Got it from the local Mazda dealer for $35...kinda pricey for what it is but me likes the look. Ordered a MAZDA247.com banner for my windshield and ordered the HID kits for the Headlights and Fogs. Cant wait.....I love my MAZDA(yippy)(thumb)

Back