What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Finally got a decent pair of LEDs on my brake/parking lights. These are brighter than OEM halogen in person. Got them from Synetic USA. Good product, competitive priced as well. Soon to replace front and rear turn signals..
attachment.php

Last edited:
Finally got a decent pair of LEDs on my brake/parking lights. These are brighter than OEM halogen in person. Got them from Synetic USA. Good product, competitive priced as well. Soon to replace front and rear turn signals..
attachment.php

Those are the ones I installed a while back and in fact posted a video. Synetic LED bulbs are the best I've come across, and they are still working flawlessly.

https://youtu.be/b-QfNJjbOoc

Last edited:
I've been wanting to do leds in my 3. What was the bulb size and which one did you get? Haven't heard of synetic but they look like they have descent prices.

Just got my summer rims installed with new cooper RS3-A tires. They are very nice tire for the 5. comfortable and great in rain.

For me :
change the rear chock absorber ..

And install a very good UK mobile Cd slot mount, after buy a lot of China holder for my phone, the UK CDSlotMount is the better holder i've buy at this time, little expenssive but realy good :

http://www.cdslotmount.com/

P_20150418_141243_zpsgnn3snfe.jpg

P_20150418_141251_zpsew101q8e.jpg

P_20150418_141031_zpspbiftq7z.jpg

Just reading about the AC issue. I am after having 2 compressors and the new one now is making the same noise as before. Does anyone have any ideas why this is? I know they used used compressors. Its making a racket again and im some what pissed about that.

Finally replaced both rear door actuators on my 2006. They have been working intermittently for about 2 years and both side decided to stop working around February.

When the cheap route and bought 2 aftermarket Honda actuators from Bangood for $20. Cracked them open and swap out the motors. OEM ones from the Canadian dealers are over $60 each. The hardest part was pulling the trim and door panels off on the first side. Once I know how they come off the other side took half the time.

Check out her new shoes! uploadfromtaptalk1431403240945.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1431403240945.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1431403293620.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431403293620.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 190
Thank you!
18x8 with a 32mm offset. Running 245/40/18s right now, but looking at 225/45/18s going forward. May fit a little better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Stopped and got gas, decided just to see what would happen to fill it up with mid-grade gas (89octane) So far I'm getting about 50 more miles on a tank, I made it to work this morning showing a quarter tank remaining at 349 miles. I'm gonna do it again this tank and see if the improvement is a fluke, or a repeatable phenomenon. I did the same thing with my old Subie when it got near 200K and experienced the same improvement, it drinks mid grade to this day with 265K on the clock.

Stopped and got gas, decided just to see what would happen to fill it up with mid-grade gas (89octane) So far I'm getting about 50 more miles on a tank, I made it to work this morning showing a quarter tank remaining at 349 miles. I'm gonna do it again this tank and see if the improvement is a fluke, or a repeatable phenomenon. I did the same thing with my old Subie when it got near 200K and experienced the same improvement, it drinks mid grade to this day with 265K on the clock.
It's funny that you say this. I just filled up on Monday with 89 octane for the first time and in addition to seeming to get a little better MPG I also felt it a little more peppy. Call it the placebo effect but I think I will continue to pump mid-grade as well.

I was going to say it feels like she has a little more beans, but figured no one would believe me. It is noticeably more smooth at idle, and seems a little less likely to summon a downshift under load (climbing the mountain near my house) as well. Its almost time to give her a 100K "going over" so I wouldn't be surprised if the plugs are about dead.

Back