What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Thanks. It's as if it was meant to be there. The way the dash was designed also made it possible and easy to tuck the wires. Thnx, Mazda!

Nice! That looks pretty much stock... I'll have to remember the brand name. I always swap the head units out to add everything I want, so your install is something I probably would never do, but it's good to know about!

Nice! That looks pretty much stock... I'll have to remember the brand name. I always swap the head units out to add everything I want, so your install is something I probably would never do, but it's good to know about!

Thnx. I did a little bit of research before getting this kit. This one was rated for best quality sound both in making calls and listening to music. There is a newer model BTC-455 which allows you to pair 2 Bluetooth devices simultaneously.

attachment.php

My wife was coming home from her aunts house. At a 4 way stop sign the lady didn't stop and hit my wife. She was she only one in the car. She's OK, the other lady, an older lady, was OK too. I hope they can fix her. Just when I was getting her just the way I wanted her :(

As long as your wife is fine that's all that matters. Sucks about the car but it's easily replaceable.

Has any one dipped their 5...I am going back and forth between the bright color changing or plain matte grey or black look

Yeah, she is OK, just a bit sore. Let's see how she wakes up today.
sorry to hear. Glad everyone's ok. That looks like an insurance write-off (considering the car has little value) and some shady shop is going to get it cheap and flip it back on the market...

Once she recoups, let us know what your next adventure will be. Good luck.

For my family I think we'd get another 5. It's just too unique of a vehicle and works so well with us. I'm still not too keen on the 12+ looks, especially the rear. But used 2010's are getting up on miles. I'd love to find a 5 speed too. We'll see what happens.

In the US, gen2 (gen3 everywhere else) started in MY2012 whereas the rest of the world got it as a 2011. The US uses model years instead of production heat for vehicles. There was no 2011 in the US.

Just installed Monroe rear shocks and mounts. I also resurfaced all rotors and installed new Pro Stop Platinum pads from Pep Boys. Rides like new now except for the rear thumping noise when going over small bumps that's still there. (pissed)

Shoes back on. They were repainted free over the winter by CPC powdercoating since they could no longer match a single wheel that I purchased. Its actually the way it should have been done the first time. I also repaired a heat shield that was ripped loose by a dead deer in the highway. Tomorrow I have to replace the passenger side bulb before we take off for Mall of America.
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
So sorry to hear. Hopefully all goes well with insurance. My 5 is so old and beat up on the outside I took collision off a few years ago. Good luck.

My wife was coming home from her aunts house. At a 4 way stop sign the lady didn't stop and hit my wife. She was she only one in the car. She's OK, the other lady, an older lady, was OK too. I hope they can fix her. Just when I was getting her just the way I wanted her :(

Sorry to hear about this man!!! That blows. Where did this happen at? Somewhere here in Montclair? Hope all works out for you. If insurance totals it make sure to remove all your goodies that you can.

Back