What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

^^^

Thanks will check it out. Though my neighbor says in Phillipines they are selling for $49 for the WHOLE car for Ebay. Not sure if its legit

^^^

Thanks will check it out. Though my neighbor says in Phillipines they are selling for $49 for the WHOLE car for Ebay. Not sure if its legit

Let me know the quality, which is my real concern. There are cheaper seat cover options out there but I wanted something that fit decently well.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Also if you bought from Costco recently at the higher price, contact them, they might refund the difference - they did for me.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

I was not impressed by the LED headlight bulbs I reviewed a few months ago. They perform poorly compared to the H11 halogen bulbs the lamp was designed for, and are definitely NOT safe or legal for use. They simply do not illuminate down the road like a headlight should. The BULB output may be XXXX Lumens, and comparable to the lumens that a halogen bulb puts out, but the beam pattern is very poor and does not illuminate the proper areas of the road. Specifically they have very poor reach (distance illumination), possibly the key component of what a headlight should be able to do. Before my current QC job, I evaluated and designed lighting systems for automotive OEMs, so I like to think I know what I'm talking about on this topic.

See my static review here:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123842978-Static-review-White-wall-amp-lux-comparison-LED-H11-LL-H11-100-H9

051Luxmap.png

I'm updating my dynamic review and will post shortly.

In short, the LED headlight bulbs look good at first glance when viewing on a white wall. But take a closer look - all that "extra" light you see is in places where you don't want or need it. The H11 bulb that the headlight is designed for creates a hotspot that throws light down the road where you need it - this is how a headlight is supposed to work. The LED bulb throws light everywhere, but not down the road where you need it. Review the pic posted above:
20140829_151021_zps32ac6251.jpg

It looks like the LED is producing a lot of light, but look where it is in the beam pattern - it is smooth from top to bottom. The bottom of the beam pattern is going to wind up illuminating the road 10 feet in front of the car - you don't want or need a lot of light there. You want light down the road far in front of you (and to the sides to see signage and pedestrians, but the main illumination is downroad). Now look at the H11 beam - it has a hot spot at the top of the beam pattern, and this is the light that is going to illuminate the road as far in front of you as possible. When you put the car on a road with those LEDs, you will have a lot of light immediately in front of the car, (which is bad: it fatigues your eyes by being "too bright" in front of the car, and it dominates your vision, causing you to look immediately in front of the car instead of downroad where you need to look) which initially gives the impression that they are bright, but then when you look down the road, they are not projecting any light out in front of the car.

Thats a good review sac02. I'm experiencing that same thing. I'm going to aim headlights higher to see if I can see further down the road. This may be futile but I'm going to see.

Drove to Wisconsin yesterday and picked up a complete uncut mazdaspeed 3 cutback that I purchased on eBay. The seller was 120 miles away and wanted $115 to ship it. The first one I looked at on eBay from New York, the seller was on garbage. Said he never got my payment but PayPal said that he never accepted it and he listed it again. But that's another story. Oh, the entire cutback fit inside the car for the trip home, so I didn't have to use the roof basket.

Drove to Wisconsin yesterday and picked up a complete uncut mazdaspeed 3 cutback that I purchased on eBay. The seller was 120 miles away and wanted $115 to ship it. The first one I looked at on eBay from New York, the seller was on garbage. Said he never got my payment but PayPal said that he never accepted it and he listed it again. But that's another story. Oh, the entire cutback fit inside the car for the trip home, so I didn't have to use the roof basket.
What's the motivation behind doing a turbo exhaust on a NA car??

Google "Clazzio Premacy .jp". Missing two arm rests.

Quick detailed it. After 3 years of neglecting it, and making it stay outside of the garage, I have decided to bring her inside.

So now that its washed and clean, QD it once a week....so no need to wash for the next 24 months, while it looks pristine.

Love SO CAL

Self-service emissions test; scan the barcode on the door-jam, insert cordless obd plug into car, start car, wait 3 minutes while test runs, get print out that says I'm done and passed. One of the few things IL has done right.

Nice grab. A little road trip for car parts can be fun. I think you'll like the result once you've got it installed.

Nice grab. A little road trip for car parts can be fun. I think you'll like the result once you've got it installed.

Thanks loosenut! I've heard a few youtube clips of it on mazda3s and I liked it. I'm looking at your post to see where cuts/extensions need to be made. I was going to have it done this morning but I'm dog tired (just got home from work).

I still have yet to see a MS3 dual exhaust set up on the MZ5 , as I am curious to see how the rear duals look.

I still have yet to see a MS3 dual exhaust set up on the MZ5 , as I am curious to see how the rear duals look.

Check out cardomain. There's a guy with a blue one. He said the exhaust that he used was actually taken from a Dodge Neon SRT.

^^^^^ But that was done well before the MZ3 came with dual exhausts so that's probably a good reason he didn't go the Mazda route.

Back