What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Hello All!

New to the forum here, I recently got a 12' mazda5 (Premacy) So far she is still very much stock with only upgrades to the wheels and tire. Checky out the work in progress!!! :D
2018 Mazda6 19' with a Custom Powder-coat color wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 (aka grip for days). Tell me what you think so far

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/627x470q90/924/gteJrd.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/627x470q90/923/0DRDME.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/353x470q90/921/aup3a1.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/627x470q90/921/NvDll4.jpg

So had strange experience on the weekend. I finally ended up putting a car for sale about two weeks ago on local craigslist.
I listed the 2012 for $5900 (about $4400 USD) and got only 1 serious buyer.
Had this guy message me and come take a look twice in a span of about two weeks.
I dunno what has happened around here but Mazda 5 market is basically non existent and used pricing is crazy low.

So came time to actually selling the car.. I just could not do it, had to back out of the deal.
It is just really nice not having to by tied to a car payment and for just $5500 that was offered.... Still driving the 5.. heheh
Kinda said that I can scrap it for a new electric car and get $6000 from government and only $5500 on the street..
Oh well, life goes on. I guess I'll have a few more minor repairs coming up and many more miles to rack up.

On the brigh side the car is clean now and feels much better to be in it then before, almost like a new car.

Oh, and yesterday I pondered the choices I've made with the 5, and why I haven't truly put it up for sale yet. My wife told me that a random guy (local lawn crew) came by on Thursday to ask if it was for sale- she said it was up to me to sell. My neighbor wonders why it's still sitting in the driveway too. Anyone want my '09 sport manual? I'll try to get under it tomorrow again and tinker some more. I keep adding new parts but I know the sale price won't go up.

Nice! My chinese sucks too much to order from that site or bargain with the seller... I didn't know you could do this as an aftermarket kit. Now to hunt Amazon and eBay.
Not sure if this is worth $400 but they offer foot activation kit also. Vendor looks cleaner but no idea how the product will hold up.
I wonder if the hatch button requires cutting a new opening or reuses the OE handle.
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...Lifegate-(w-optional-foot-detect)-for-Mazda-5

Oh, and yesterday I pondered the choices I've made with the 5, and why I haven't truly put it up for sale yet. My wife told me that a random guy (local lawn crew) came by on Thursday to ask if it was for sale- she said it was up to me to sell. My neighbor wonders why it's still sitting in the driveway too. Anyone want my '09 sport manual? I'll try to get under it tomorrow again and tinker some more. I keep adding new parts but I know the sale price won't go up.
5th gear mod and keep it. It's not worth much and multi-er car discount :)

Last edited:
2dkcwsp.jpg

rcjas9.jpg

scc2s8.jpg

23t4md3.jpg

2zxmp3o.jpg

Last edited:
@asian
Nope, D2 coilovers, front has camber adjustment.
They are about center position, rear doesn't have.
I have buy adjustable camber arms, I think there is little bit too much camber for my taste

Wow, that silver car looks great! Still hurts a little to look at since I live in the Great Northern Land of Carnivorous Potholes.

This past week, I finally snatched a day to look at the rattling exhaust heat shields that had been driving me crackers for what seemed like months. It was disappointing how rusty fasteners can be on a 6 year old car ... no wait, 7. Still way newer than most things I've driven.

Took what seemed like a year to unbolt the muffler flange (entire studs came out, of course) and then Liquid Wrench and a lot of patience to get MOST of the nuts off the fuel tank straps without damage (ended up shearing 1 stud, then removing the affected tank strap to use heat on the remaining studs, sheared off 1 more, then finished up by welding M6 bolts to the tabs for some new studs). Eventually salvaged the muffler flange studs, bought big nylon washers to cover the big holes in the heat shields caused by 7 years of galvanic corrosion, and got the whole thing back together.

Hopefully the next project will be finding out why the right rear wheel squeaks. Will probably replace the rear brake rotors first (still have the originals, turned to minimum thickness) and then get hubs if I have to.

Last edited:
Hopefully the next project will be finding out why the right rear wheel squeaks. Will probably replace the rear brake rotors first (still have the originals, turned to minimum thickness) and then get hubs if I have to.

Depends how it squeaks. If on bumps, either the shocks or the shock mounts or both need to be replaced, if when braking, could be the pads.
Also check the bushings and splay some WD40 or similar.

Depends how it squeaks. If on bumps, either the shocks or the shock mounts or both need to be replaced, if when braking, could be the pads.
Also check the bushings and splay some WD40 or similar.

Yes, quite. This is a rhythmic squeak consistent with road speed that goes away when the brakes are applied. Never had this before. If it didn't go away under braking I'd be more confident it was a hub, but a squeak is an odd noise for a hub .... thus the suspicion that it could be rubbing from a rotor being slightly out of true, especially with them already being turned to their minimum thickness.

Speaking of brakes, what's with the price of rotors these days? Seems I used to get integral hub-and-rotor assemblies for like $35.

Dear!

My updated Mazda 5 (burnout)

I buy OEM DVD electric monitor, remove display, board and install tablet Android 8.1 with new Navigation system. I m very happy.

byAAAgO_5uA-960.jpg

SiAAAgO_5uA-960.jpg

nyAAAgO_5uA-960.jpg

Remove Japan versions dashboard panel

SwAAAgPjzuA-960.jpg

dAAAAgPjzuA-960.jpg

Install dashboard

BYAAAgPjzuA-960.jpg

vwAAAgPjzuA-960.jpg

(headbang)(headbang)(headbang)

Goodluck

Last edited: