What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Tossed the rack and basket on for the hell of it

10613047_10101357681741960_1972916913554047870_n.jpg

11221710_10101357681717010_9174102051120209504_n.jpg

11267372_10101357681602240_1925605982808957519_n.jpg

tuanies, are you using spacers with the speed3 wheels, they seem fairly "flush". Looks really good and completely different than when you first posted her up.

I take it from recent posts that you were unhappy with the yellowspeed coilovers?
Not at all! I wouldnt say unhappy, more like YS does not know my needs. Is that that impression I give? I thought it was more along the lines of intrigue with a cliffhanger as I am trying to figure this out. Plus I dont get any feedback on that thread so figure no one was interested and kept a lot of the details to myself.

The YS are VERY well thought out and well-constructed. If I wasnt happy, I would have sold them and gone a different route (doesnt help that there arent many options). The deciding factor depends on what you want to do with your ride. If you live in NYC (BQE) or any place that is pure pothole hell, you will HATE these (but also pretty much any kind of lowering springs or coilovers). Anything else, you will LIKE these a lot (ok, I do but Im bias and may not represent your avg. DDer). If you want stance, you will LOVE these. I completely disassembled and measure everything and can identify all of the differences between YS DPS vs BC BR Type. Cant go wrong with either but one has a slight edge ;)

See below for some insight. Keith Tanner wrote the books on Miata tuning. Im going to take his word of advice and just dew it. Trial by fire it is.
http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/tech-tips/bump-vs-droop-balancing-act/102407/page1/

FWIW, I am going to give a shameless plug for Modern Automotive Performance. Currently they have the best pricing on Swift springs (sale) and can get other accessories (free S/H over $200 ;)). Customer service is top notch too. Also, since they are a neutral retailer, see below on their views regarding Megan (Old Navy) vs BC (Gap): siblings from the same family.
http://blog.modernperformance.com/differences-between-bc-and-megan-coilovers

Gotcha, I don't know that I had caught enough of your posts to understand what you were doing. I'm contemplating going coilover down the road and I'm interested in the yellowspeeds.

Installed the jbr shiftknob. Im still getting used to the weighted knob since all the knobs i had were pretty light

I call my 2010 MZ5 the "Tour Bus" as I play music when I'm not working. The Tour Bus turned hit 100,000 miles yesterday.

Congratulations on 100K! I've been called back into work twice in the past week so my numbers are skyrocketing towards 200K, added another 350 miles in the past two days alone:p I'm at 196,5xx this afternoon. Finally bought the Harbor Freight brake service kit this past weekend so the rear brakes will be done this weekend woot!

Caliper bushings? What is they? Was yours making a creaking sound followed by a knock knock knocking as you come to a stop?

Just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Thus far I've completed:
-dual tone horns
-puddle lamps in the mirror housing
-heated mirrors (in progress, need to connect to the power inside the car once I figure out where)
-courtesy floor lights under the dash (with blue accent lights with the lights on)
-auto-dimming mirror
-pioneer carplay stereo

Replaced the cabin filters this weekend. Placement of these filters were not designed for quick and easy access. This was my third time changing these filters and it still took me almost 45 minutes!

Cursed mine as I realized that with 56,000 miles, the clutch is slipping! My wife's P5 has twice that mileage on the original clutch with no sign of trouble.

What the Hell? (pissed)

So.....I got new tires on my wheels. The 245/40/18s were rubbing a bit even after the fender pull.

So now on to 225/40/18s. Almost identical rolling diameter to stock and ride great. Not to mention no rub and no "donk" look. Lol
ca45ab5715918f2792d33aabba4664ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Got these from B&R Autowrecking. They're a little dirty but they're the brown leather seats from a first gen that I've always wanted. My 2014 has cloth seats that suck ass. These are just the fronts, getting the rears tomorrow.

ueANnwdR0aUWMeIIoJ-2Zn4Hf-5u50Alac0HMLmsc-E=w519-h921-no

Frame and everything are rusty. Completely dismantled them, tossing the frame and seat pans. Going to swap the seat pans from mine over. Need to possibly swap side airbags too since first and second gen might not be compatible. But from what I can tell, the frames and pans are identical so its just going to take some ingenuity. The rust stuck to the foam too - anyone know of an easy way to clean that or is it not that big of a deal?

ZiIbw-d7ev24Jdoe_fcDQR1Gjzw1hF0S3nMEwVIfX9w=w519-h921-no

lnpkxl2gCtKYP2bL_Yh5Y_FXTjjH4fvAPiPbTQ3cKs4=w1638-h921-no

Cleaned versus cleaned seat.

F69ETdjSZFu6QLkDJSaX64kzl9rd19gXsYvict9JP0w=w519-h921-no

Back