What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

What have you done with your Mazda5 today?

Looks like a bumper cover, a hatch, and some fender work. Surely not a total, right?

I really don't think so, but I don't know yet. The car's probably worth $5000, maybe? (105,xxx miles) In NC, if it's more than 75% of the value of the vehicle, it's a good candidate for being totaled.

Installed WellVisors last night:

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

I really don't think so, but I don't know yet. The car's probably worth $5000, maybe? (105,xxx miles) In NC, if it's more than 75% of the value of the vehicle, it's a good candidate for being totaled.
The other thing is if that back pillar is bent at all. Then they will say it compromises the integrity of the roof and total out for that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Tour Bus got rear-ended today :-(
I'll find out in a couple days what will happen.. Personally I think it'll be 50/50 shot between repairing or totalling:View attachment 212061

I am more interested in seeing a pic of the interior and how it fared in what seems to be a moderate rear end collision. Did you take any interior pics? I am sorry for this by the way, most likely someone texting or monkeying around with their damn phone.

The other thing is if that back pillar is bent at all. Then they will say it compromises the integrity of the roof and total out for that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, the tailgate opened and closed with no issue after the accident..

I am more interested in seeing a pic of the interior and how it fared in what seems to be a moderate rear end collision. Did you take any interior pics? I am sorry for this by the way, most likely someone texting or monkeying around with their damn phone.

Sorry Davicho. Didn't take any interior pics. Other than the cargo area which really didn't appear to be compromised that I could tell, the rest of the interior is fine. I asked them to check the seat as the recliner handle didn't feel like it did before the accident, which makes me think the seat might be damaged as well. Obviously, the seatbelt has to be replaced.
The driver of the other car was just too close. I had checked my mirror and she was really close. By the time I diverted my attention back to the road, the car and a truck in front of me had stopped pretty dead IN THE LEFT LANE, supposedly to let another vehicle in from the median lane...so I had to stop. She didn't have enough room and time to stop. It was a pretty good hit. I was able to avoid hitting the car in front of me by turning into the median lane (thankful there was no oncoming traffic) and parked in a nearby parking lot. She had an older Toyota 4Runner and it got damaged pretty good too. The tour bus is a fighter! She gave as good she got.
The body shop called with an estimate today and sound like they intend to fix it, but I don't think the insurance company has signed off on that yet. We'll see. If they do fix it, it should be back by the end of the month.

My 2007 5 (A Sport 5 spd) was destroyed in a rear end collision where I slid backwards into oncoming traffic and was hit at a combined speed of about 65MPH. You would know in an instant if the floor/third row had sustained damage. My hatch literally exploded into about a million pieces, and the passenger side rear tire was driven up under the gas filler (a HARD hit to say the least) My drivers seat-back broke, folded backward, the headrest flew off, and i hit my face on the passengers side trim covering the curtain airbag on that side when it deployed. Other than that small cut and a sprained neck, I walked away. The fact that your hatch is intact and can be opened tells me the car is fixable, glad she did her job and protected you.

My 2007 5 (A Sport 5 spd) was destroyed in a rear end collision where I slid backwards into oncoming traffic and was hit at a combined speed of about 65MPH. You would know in an instant if the floor/third row had sustained damage. My hatch literally exploded into about a million pieces, and the passenger side rear tire was driven up under the gas filler (a HARD hit to say the least) My drivers seat-back broke, folded backward, the headrest flew off, and i hit my face on the passengers side trim covering the curtain airbag on that side when it deployed. Other than that small cut and a sprained neck, I walked away. The fact that your hatch is intact and can be opened tells me the car is fixable, glad she did her job and protected you.

Crazy. Sounds like a load of fun.

Thanks. Glad you're okay too. Your incident was way more violent than mine.

2008 Mz5 with 81k miles was running a bit rough at cold startup recently. Cleaned the MAF sensor with CRC MAF sensor cleaner and cleaned the throttle body with CRC throttle body cleaner and it took care of the problem. It worked so well that I did the same things to my 2012 Mz5 with 37k miles. Even though the 2012 was running fine the cleaning even made a difference there too!

MOMOs on the sled!

Went from a Westside Special:

csUYo.jpg

to something a little more representative of me & my family:

XubhH8a.jpg

Not the best image, but these are 17" Momo Win Pros.

WAAAAYYY better then the WS Specials. I personally hate chrome. Heavy, ugly and gangsta looking. JMO

Came that way to me. Those wheels were HE-AVY! I had them on the car for way too long, as I found a hairline crack in the back lip of one of them and was using bead sealer to keep the air in the tire. It worked for 3 tires, too, BUT you never heard from me that that is a safe thing to do!
Likin' the Momos. They are kinda OE, but with flair.

I don't know man. I wouldn't want the inconvenience of having to find another car with only $5K-$7K. It's tough to find a good car for that anymore, at least one that's reliable for the family. I'd be glad they're fixing it, for sure. But that's just me.

I don't know man. I wouldn't want the inconvenience of having to find another car with only $5K-$7K. It's tough to find a good car for that anymore, at least one that's reliable for the family. I'd be glad they're fixing it, for sure. But that's just me.

Agreed on all points. Even though I had a plan to get a E30 325i that I know very well if the MZ5 was totalled, :) I'm perfectly fine with them fixing it. I'm right back into the swing of things with no "adjustment period" so to speak of having a different vehicle.

Had a Smartnav 5r rear view mirror installed. Rear camera, igo gps, radar detector. Also has all the Bluetooth features. Also came with a 5 year warranty.

Back