What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Debadged looks better

calling it mazdaspeed5 is rice

I like the debadge look, but it seems like that panel was repainted and put the original mazda badge on before the paint was dried, the mark won't go away, so I need another badge to cover it up.

Click on "dual 1" link above your post, it is a staggered H the shop showed me.

the one on the left will be perfect on the Mazda, it will align with the bumper shape better than the Y shape you posted.
TB2TwX3XZaCJuJjy1zcXXXPgFXa_!!2815665578.jpg

Quick photoshop
2hftown.jpg

Anybody have any recommendation of yellow lamin x type film for fog lights?

just get the yellow LED lights...excuse the glare in the photo, it looks good in real.
I was afraid the colour would be ugly lime like some on the road, the one I bought isn't and was only $12 + time to remove the front bumper

2hxoln7.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks

But removing the bumper is too much work I don*t want to do

I am
Going with single tip tomorrow morning

you don't need to take off the whole bumper, just the rivets around the wheel well, 1 philips screw holding the fender, and 1-2 screws at the bottom can access the foglight.

View attachment 220338Thanks. Haven't decided on which one. The shop keeps wanting for me to do a DUAL. I prefer the single. Will have it done in the morning. $40 for a tip+install = can't beat it.
different flavors for different folks but personally I like single tip for I4. And I do not like tips with a rolled lip. I much prefer straight. Exhaust carbon build up adds character.

507015ac.jpg

https://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/assets/1/20/dimregular/507015ac.jpg

If you are going for dual tip, do it right and go dual output. Ive looked and considers it (not 100% sure) but the dual tip OEM Mazda 3 exhaust (not MS3 turbo exhaust) may fit with a little fab work. Theres lots of space in the Mazda5s rear end and the platforms havent been revised that much. Would need to make a template and cut the second opening.

Anybody have any recommendation of yellow lamin x type film for fog lights?

I just bought a cheap roll of yellow tint on ebay for like $4. One layer won't do much, but 3 layers was perfect for me. Of course this depends on the light source. Since my fogs are LED, I had to use 3 layers, and probably could have done 4 to get the same yellow as asian_xl's. With halogen fogs, I'd assume that 1 or 2 layers would be enough. Here's a couple of pics from my CX-9.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC03357.JPG
    DSC03357.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 498
  • DSC03358.JPG
    DSC03358.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 507
mazda tip.jpg

mazda tip 2.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here ARE THE PICS of it done.

different flavors for different folks but personally I like single tip for I4. And I do not like tips with a rolled lip. I much prefer straight. Exhaust carbon build up adds character.

If you are going for dual tip, do it right and go dual output. I*ve looked and considers it (not 100% sure) but the dual tip OEM Mazda 3 exhaust (not MS3 turbo exhaust) *may* fit with a little fab work. There*s lots of space in the Mazda5*s rear end and the platforms haven*t been revised that much. Would need to make a template and cut the second opening.
Agree with you 100%. Single conservative fits the car. Got it done. $45 mod this morning. I personally like rolled tip. Though I went with very SLIGHT roll, not a heavy rolled tip. Straight cut tip to me looks unfinished. Our TSX wagon (also I4) has dual exhaust.. My WRX 4 cyl has quad tips on dual exhaust. LOL

Last edited:
Thank you. Ordered some LAMIN X yellow film yesterday. Lets see how it turns out. How hard was install?

I just bought a cheap roll of yellow tint on ebay for like $4. One layer won't do much, but 3 layers was perfect for me. Of course this depends on the light source. Since my fogs are LED, I had to use 3 layers, and probably could have done 4 to get the same yellow as asian_xl's. With halogen fogs, I'd assume that 1 or 2 layers would be enough. Here's a couple of pics from my CX-9.

Thank you. Ordered some LAMIN X yellow film yesterday. Lets see how it turns out. How hard was install?

I took the lazy man's approach, lol. I used looseleaf paper to create a "template" but simply pressing the paper into the recessed hole. Then I cut a few circles using the template. I cleaned the lenses with soap and water, dried them off, then applied each layer. Didn't have to take anything off, but again, this is just because the LED fog is so small. To do it "right" I would remove the bumper or the fogs from the vehicle so I could ensure that I get full coverage on the lenses.

I took the lazy man's approach, lol. I used looseleaf paper to create a "template" but simply pressing the paper into the recessed hole. Then I cut a few circles using the template. I cleaned the lenses with soap and water, dried them off, then applied each layer. Didn't have to take anything off, but again, this is just because the LED fog is so small. To do it "right" I would remove the bumper or the fogs from the vehicle so I could ensure that I get full coverage on the lenses.

I am not removing the bumper. This car ain't worth all that.

then don't do the Lamin yellow, even with LED fog, I can hardly see the yellow inside the car or make the road visible.

I swapped to yellow, because I was working on many things behind the bumper earlier

Will keep you guys posted

After 8 years - time to RICE up this POS
LOL, Hell*yeah! But rice responsibly.

Do the new cars still use H11 hulls for fog light? If yes, just buy and mod/swap in a pair for Yellow H9s - cheap and bright. I would recommend the H9*s I got but the company (rebrand Osrams) went out of business unfortunately, they were expensive for no-name bulbs but the usual suspects are available.

I dont know what fog light bulb or what low beam bulb i have

I am still rocking halogen

Maybe time to get some led in headlight? Foglihht?

LOL, Hell*yeah! But rice responsibly.

Do the new cars still use H11 hulls for fog light? If yes, just buy and mod/swap in a pair for Yellow H9s - cheap and bright. I would recommend the H9*s I got but the company (rebrand Osrams) went out of business unfortunately, they were expensive for no-name bulbs but the usual suspects are available.

Ended up changing my own oil this time around, mostly because what with life and things I never got around to visiting the dealership for an oil change.

Entertainingly, after having purchased oil and a filter, I was thinking about the task at home and realized I had no easy way to get the filter off if it was no longer hand tight. My oil changes in the past have mostly been on Ford smallblocks and GM Ecotecs, for which I used a band wrench and a 1-1/4" socket, respectively. So I dropped by my nearest O'Reillys and got this: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/.../19907/4610122?q=oil+filter+wrench+76mm&pos=0

Did the oil change after some erranding today. Not as easy as the Ecotec with its top mounted filter, but better than my old Ford oilpans that have two drain plugs.

Having never spent a dollar in aftermarket rice lights market, quick mod before work
Love how it turned out
Cant wait to do the other cars.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back