What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Well, actually, it was last weekend, not today, but what I did with with my Mazda5 was:

5Cross-L.jpg

Autocrossed it!

Autocrossing the 5 was big-time fun! I expected it to feel like I was going to roll over, but the 5 felt incredibly planted and balanced. I expected I'd spend the whole day fighting understeer, but between the MS3 swaybar and the really old, really worn Azenis on the back, I was actually getting oversteer, much like I do in the P5 with it's Big Honkin' Swaybar and adjustable endlinks!

My goals were to not roll it, and to not finish last. I kept the shiny side up, and I was faster than 6 other cars in the morning session, including an Audi A3, a VW Corrado TDi, 2 NA Miatas and a 2005 Corvette Z51! ...And yes, I know that autocross times depend on a lot of factors, and yes, I'll admit that the Corvette never got to take advantage of his horse power on the very twisty, short course, and no, I don't know if he'd ever done it before, but you know what? I beat a freakin' Corvette in a competitive automotive event that didn't involve transporting quantities of people or lumber, while driving a MINIVAN!! So, I'm calling that a win. Whether that's a win for me or a win for the Mazda5, I'll leave up to you to decide for yourselves. :D

I laid a lot of rubber down coming out of one particular corner, and when my friend gets around to sharing her pictures with me, I'll get some "Mazda5 turning tires into smoke" pictures up here for your pleasure.

In-car video here, but no sound.

Last edited:
Agree 100%, hate the amber reflector.

Does the silverstars blink orange, but just look clear? If so, do you have the front and rear model numbers, as I would love to do it.

THanks!

They blink white/yellowish for the most part. They light up signs pretty well at night.

The bulb numbers are 7440ST for rear and 1157A ST for front.

Well, actually, it was last weekend, not today, but what I did with with my Mazda5 was:

5Cross-L.jpg

Autocrossed it!

Autocrossing the 5 was big-time fun! I expected it to feel like I was going to roll over, but the 5 felt incredibly planted and balanced. I expected I'd spend the whole day fighting understeer, but between the MS3 swaybar and the really old, really worn Azenis on the back, I was actually getting oversteer, much like I do in the P5 with it's Big Honkin' Swaybar and adjustable endlinks!

My goals were to not roll it, and to not finish last. I kept the shiny side up, and I was faster than 6 other cars in the morning session, including an Audi A3, a VW Corrado TDi, 2 NA Miatas and a 2005 Corvette Z51! ...And yes, I know that autocross times depend on a lot of factors, and yes, I'll admit that the Corvette never got to take advantage of his horse power on the very twisty, short course, and no, I don't know if he'd ever done it before, but you know what? I beat a freakin' Corvette in a competitive automotive event that didn't involve transporting quantities of people or lumber, while driving a MINIVAN!! So, I'm calling that a win. Whether that's a win for me or a win for the Mazda5, I'll leave up to you to decide for yourselves. :D

I laid a lot of rubber down coming out of one particular corner, and when my friend gets around to sharing her pictures with me, I'll get some "Mazda5 turning tires into smoke" pictures up here for your pleasure.

Awesome! I need to take mine out this summer too. Hoping to not be last as well :D

Got my Goshers Blind-Spot Monitor system installed with help from my dad

P1100158 by tuanies, on Flickr

P1100159 by tuanies, on Flickr

P1100160 by tuanies, on Flickr

Had to take out the airbox and battery box just to fish the wire through the same spot as the hood release.
P1100164 by tuanies, on Flickr

Lots of measuring and quadruple checking
P1100167 by tuanies, on Flickr

P1100169 by tuanies, on Flickr

That little box controls everything
P1100173 by tuanies, on Flickr

It flashes and beeps
P1100175 by tuanies, on Flickr

[QU OTE=Davicho;6288308]I sold my black 17" OEM alloys and replaced them with 1st generation MS3 18" OEM alloys and I love the look. So for those wondering if 1st gen MS3 wheels look good on 2nd gen MZ5 here it is...and yes they do!
3oYu5Jp.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Agreed [emoji106]

OO ||| OO + O w O +

Autocrossed it!

[/SIZE]

Very cool, Foolish. I like to see 5's competing or on the track. In fact I was going to ask you to post your video to the "Mazda 5's on the Track" sticky but I can't seem to find it anymore (dunno). I tried a search but came up empty. I can't remember which sub-forum it was in now. I'm making arrangements to take my 5 to a HPDE in late summer. I'm getting excited about doing the event but not 100% I'll even get to go. Great job, I'd be excited about being faster than a vette too.

That scan gauge fits perfect there tuanies! Very nice!

I just did I slightly easier install... Put in a new leather shift knob to replace the stock plastic piece.
vuduru3a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I've stressed myself over it today.....

Not sure what is going on but I really think my 5 doesn't want to leave me. As some know, I've returned it to stock and put it up for sale. In the 30 days since it has been for sale....

1) Flat tire.

2) Valve cover gasket started leaking oil. (Mazda fixed that)

3) My 5yo nearly ripped the drivers side sliding door handle off the door. (will fix that this week sometime)

4) A/C belt start slipping when I hit a puddle (changed that Friday)

5) Also got a rough idle and slight misfire at low rpm cruise with TCC locked (40-50mph, light load). Ended up changing the plugs and fixed that.

Just waiting on the hail mary that will hit me next.

Not sure what is going on but I really think my 5 doesn't want to leave me. As some know, I've returned it to stock and put it up for sale. In the 30 days since it has been for sale....

1) Flat tire.

2) Valve cover gasket started leaking oil. (Mazda fixed that)

3) My 5yo nearly ripped the drivers side sliding door handle off the door. (will fix that this week sometime)

4) A/C belt start slipping when I hit a puddle (changed that Friday)

5) Also got a rough idle and slight misfire at low rpm cruise with TCC locked (40-50mph, light load). Ended up changing the plugs and fixed that.

Just waiting on the hail mary that will hit me next.

I told you it didn't want to go. Its definitely kicking and screaming now. :) I was just thinking yesterday that I need to teach my 5yo how to open the sliding door. I swear that kid is going to rip the handle clean off. She needs to learn for next year's school drop off. GL on your sale... ...whenever your car stops whining about it.

Last edited:
lol! Nope, the 5 likes you.

That and it will burst into flames as soon as you put a FS sign and it's close to your house to take it with it.

Dead battery this morning. I mean.... SERIOUSLY? Nothing left on. Just a dead cell.

For sale... 2010 Mazda5 - Christine Edition (movie reference for anyone younger than about 40...)

Too funny!!! Your car is hilarious! Hey just like the movie, you should give it a long look, and then say, "show me!" Let us know what happens :)

Back