Wheel/tire weight

Somebody must have done this but, search is unsuccessful. What do the stock wheels alone or wheel/tire combo weigh? I have no facility to weigh one or I'd do it myself.

TYVM...

Thanks man, holy s*** those stockers feel like they weigh as much as the steel rims and truck tires on my G10 work van.

A friend of mine is setting up his MS3 to run 275's on a 17x10 RPF1 (!!!). Even with the giant tires you can lift the assembly with a few fingers, pretty awesome.

A friend of mine is setting up his MS3 to run 275's on a 17x10 RPF1 (!!!). Even with the giant tires you can lift the assembly with a few fingers, pretty awesome.

pics or it didnt happen!

By a "few fingers" do you mean 8 and two thumbs?

I have 17x7.5 RPF1s and while they're certainly light, I don't have to worry about them blowing across the yard when I'm rotating tires.

My plan: 17x9 Enkei RPFs + 235/45 Direzzas = 7lbs/wheel saving over stock :) That's a difference you'll feel.

plus 6lbs of tire

BTW, the further from the hub you get with weight....i.e. tire, the harder it is to rotate. Tire weight plays a larger role than wheel weight.

Back