Official 'Smoking Turbo' response from Mazda

Turbo is the same and anyone getting a new one will smoke again down the road. Changing the oil to 5/40 or whatever will not prevent it from smoking either. DP's RP's or whatever makes it happen faster also. The PCV is the only proper fix for this car period.

So I just got my car back after all the smoking I had. Good news is that the car runs better than before, and I was given a brand new turbo. Bad news, no new PCV fix. So I think this is only a temporary fix until the PCV fix is released.

Now I am in Canada and we are a little slow when it comes to Mazda fixes. I was actually speaking to the District Service Rep who looks over any major warranty repairs and he gave me ZERO grief about mods. He even liked the powder coated MazdaSpeed Intake and Turbo Inlet pipe. Mazda Canada knows about the issue, and he said the fix they have in place right now is just the turbo swap, if the oil change didn't help. He seemed to pretty knowledgeable and said that he does not know of any PCV fix that is ready yet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update with your experience, Element.

Might not be smoke. I'm wondering if the increased humidity causes more water vapor to show up mixed in with the smoke, causing it to look like more.

Might not be smoke. I'm wondering if the increased humidity causes more water vapor to show up mixed in with the smoke, causing it to look like more.

Mine does the same during rainy/humid conditions and this is what I attributed it to.

True but it smells like burning oil. Yeah the water vapor must be making it worse but it is not only the water vapor. I got the smokin' sickness all right.
I took some video of it and will be posting it soon.

Couple quick questions. I have the cs rp and dp. I installed the dp with no problems, then after the rp went on I had white smoke pretty bad. Drove a couple hundred miles and would still smoke on Idk. I used my ap to up the idle speed to 900, no more smoke. So questions:
1. Should I assume that the smoke is bad seals.
2. Was changing the idle speed just a masking effect.
3. What should I do, since If I go back to stock most likely it wouldn't smoke anyways and they wouldn't fix anything.
4. Is there a pcv fix that I can just buy. I installed the pt-perfomance "fix" link. Is there some other precautions I should take.

Thanks.

Couple quick questions. I have the cs rp and dp. I installed the dp with no problems, then after the rp went on I had white smoke pretty bad. Drove a couple hundred miles and would still smoke on Idk. I used my ap to up the idle speed to 900, no more smoke. So questions:
1. Should I assume that the smoke is bad seals.
2. Was changing the idle speed just a masking effect.
3. What should I do, since If I go back to stock most likely it wouldn't smoke anyways and they wouldn't fix anything.
4. Is there a pcv fix that I can just buy. I installed the pt-perfomance "fix" link. Is there some other precautions I should take.

Thanks.

1 - No. Seals may not be bad, just the pressure pushing oil past them
2 - Yes
3 - People who are stock still experience it, it's just more prevelant with modded cars because of lower back pressure, combined with no or fewer cats.
4 - You can try the 5/40 synthetic oil, bnoon's bolt, OCC w/2nd PVC valve, if all that fails, live with it until mazda releases a fix.

Back