TPMS light is on

:
2009 Mazda 6
As I left church tonight the no-key indicator and the TPMS came on now the TPMS light flashes then after a few minutes just stays on.anyone got a idea what this is

I am having the same problem. I put tenzo wheels on, with the stock tpms, and the light stayed on!

Then just recently, I ordered 4 new TPMS and installed them on my stock wheels, put them on my car, and the light is STILL on!

I would like to know if anyone knows the answer to this.

The light will come on and flash for awhile when your tire pressure gets to 28psi or less. It's telling you to check your tire pressures basically. Federal Government standards now for fuel economy.

Also if your pressure is borderline when cold the light may come on and as the air heats up when you drive it will expand causing the light to turn off.

The light will come on and flash for awhile when your tire pressure gets to 28psi or less. It's telling you to check your tire pressures basically. Federal Government standards now for fuel economy.

is it a set number or is it a set number plus a difference? I.E. you have 38lbs in all 4 tires, then one of them drops to 32, will it turn on?

I just had the light come on about a week ago and its still on. I checked pressure and all 4 wheels were at like 45psi. Good job filling my tires dealership. I took em all down to about 38. Everything looks good, but tpms light is still on. I had it come on one other time also but went away after a day. Both times the light has come on, I recently had the car jacked up. Anyone else notice this?

Tires should be set at 32psi. TPMS light will come on at 28psi or less and it will come on for too much tire pressure.

Tires should be set at 32psi. TPMS light will come on at 28psi or less and it will come on for too much tire pressure.

Well if that is true then why did it take months for my tpms light to come on when it was at 45? Something else triggered it and it still hasn't gone away. I still think it has something to do with being jacked up.

Only reason i was asking is that's the first thing they will do is set the tires at 32psi. Then test drive so the PCM will get the new reading. The light should go off. If not, then they'll put it on the computer to see what each sensor is reading.

The light should not come on if all the pressures are above the placard reccomendation. If the light does come on and does not go off and you are sure of all the pressure then the sensors may need to be manually reset to the TPM in the vehicle, sometimes if the pressure has been low for a long period of time, just putting the pressure back right wont turn the light off. Some circumstances make to be that the light has to be forced off after the pressures are reset. If u have a blinking light u have a sensor malfunction, or an issue with the TPM system on the vehicle it self, the dealer can diagnose this, or any Discount Tire co. can as well. Discount Tire will Diagnose it and if possible turn off the tpms light for free.

I am having the same problem. I put tenzo wheels on, with the stock tpms, and the light stayed on!

Then just recently, I ordered 4 new TPMS and installed them on my stock wheels, put them on my car, and the light is STILL on!

I would like to know if anyone knows the answer to this.

Sometimes, when u swap wheels, u have to relearn the sensors, because u are taking them away from the vehcile for a period of time, so the vehicle may lose sensor id's. . As far as u ordering new sensors and putting them in your stock wheels, most of the time u have to relearn new sensors to the vehicle, because the vehicle isnt detecting the new sensors. Its a matter of scanning each sensor to get a sensor id and then plugging into the OBDII and writing the new sensor ids to the vehicle. Youd have to do this every time u change wheels, if you have multiple sensors for both sets of wheels.

Back