takata?

Double Dspeed

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 w/ CAI, 10k HID
i'm a mouse button click away from getting takata harnesses(humpleg) was wondering what anyone else thinks

do you really need it? i'm guessing since this is in the appearance section, probably not. just a guess, though, not trying to rain on your parade or anything.

The only reason harnesses look cool is that they imply that you actually race/autocross your car. On a track. Legally.

IMHO, if you do not participate in such activities, then installing harnesses is called "posing," and makes you look like a douche whenever anyone finds out they're just for show. Sorry, hate to sound like a prick, but that's how I feel about it.

Kinda like having the fire extinguisher mounted on the A-pillar.

If you do race (or intend to begin soon), then by all means, install them. Safety first. Don't forget to buy a proper DOT/Snell approved helmet, too, if you haven't already.

If you don't race, there must be something better to spend your money on.

Not only that but I believe you would atleast have to install a harness bar if you want your vertebrae to be intact if you ever needed the harness to stop you.

i'm getting them anyway cause i do intend on getting my track license and they're sick as hell anyway. as for a harness bar i've been doing some research to find something decent with no luck. but this is a proper way to mount harness's with out the use of one.

and as for "posing" if harness's would cause that woundnt anything being done to your car to inhance it's performance be posing if you dont track your car. why get suspension to increase handling if your not going to autocross it? or why make it faster if your not going to take it to the track? last i checked any of that activity not on a track is illegal correct?

http://www.gofastadventure.com/?p=58
He wrote up an install of the sparco harness bar. I think he said he used one for the 04-06 STi and it fits perfectly.

And if you search on google "mazdaspeed 3 harness bar" you will probably see a post on m3f about the sparco harness bar "specifically" for the speed3, i say it like that because its probably just the STi bar renamed. and being brought to the market from http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/ though its not on their site yet.

and as for "posing" if harness's would cause that woundnt anything being done to your car to inhance it's performance be posing if you dont track your car. why get suspension to increase handling if your not going to autocross it? or why make it faster if your not going to take it to the track? last i checked any of that activity not on a track is illegal correct?

really? (wedge)

go easy on him guys. its not like he is buying some 3A Racing or Pep Boys harnesses. Takata is pretty legit.

Takata harnesses are ugly! That stupid green is disgusting! He obviously isn't getting them for looks.

for real you guys are haters. Takata harness's are so sick you can call me a honda fan but i think they look so good.

Thank you Ken for at least some support. if you look at slmost any sick modded import (jdm imports mainly) they will have takata harness's. i personally could care less what any one thinks. I know there's kid's on here with takata green TE 37's with matching green valve cover. and i bet if you ask him he would agree on how sick takata harness's are.

as for the comment on posing how many of you guys actually track your car. if you do then you can say all you want about the topic if not your just being a hipocrit all i was asking for was an opinion not an insult (upbum)

..... all i was asking for was an opinion not an insult (upbum)

I am not sure what you are upset about here. You asked "wondering what anyone else thinks" and they told you. Most of them think that if you aren't going to track the car then it is a waste and poser'ish. Sounds like an opinion in my book.

If you want them get them. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

well honestly....probably about 70% of the people on this forum DO track their cars. I'd say 50% of that drag their cars and the other 50% auto-x their cars. a good portion of them live in places like CA or TX where modding a car can be done without beign a poser because its always nice there where as you live in NJ....so if your buying a takata harness youll only be using it maybe 4 months out of the year. the other months are spent in snow where those "good" months are spent dodging pot holes and garbage. unless you play on the turnpike which is highly watched by about 38478945238 NJ state police, then your probably only actually tracking your car 2 times a year AT MOST if you even do. opinion stated, opinion owns.

just remember a few things. Most 4/5/6 point harnesses arent DOT approved, even with a harness bar. YOu can be pulled over for violating seat belt laws depending on your local LEOs.

There are some 4 and 5 point systems out there that are DOT approved such as the Rallye3 and the Rallye4 among others.

I do have to say that they are great to have when I hit the canyons. The bonus about the ones I stated before is that you can tuck away the lap belts and remove the center section that contains the shoulder belts so you can easily remove it when you dont need them. They can be installed along side your factory belts that are much easier to use on a daily basis.

just my opinion but i dont understand why anyone would want harnesses for a dd. they are a huge pain in the ass, make parking very difficult, and look wierd on a car that otherwise does not look built. plus being a Very expensive visual mod. the porsche carrera gt, ford gt, ferrari enzo, mercedes slr, lamborghini sv, ultima gtr, corvette zr1, lotus, and ferrari 430 scuderia all do not come with harnesses, or have a factory option for them. these are all cars that were designed with track use in mind. the mazda was not.
the only cars i can justify having harnesses on are fulltime track cars or built offroad vehicles.
$0.02

I personally like how harnesses look in a car. Whether or not they are fully functional is up for debate, but I don't see why you need to designate you car for the track in order to have harnesses. I'd love to have a harness for when I hit the twisties around here. Something to hold me nice and snug in my seat and for the occasional autocross. I say go for it. Like others have mentioned, you'll need a harness bar.

for real you guys are haters. Takata harness's are so sick you can call me a honda fan but i think they look so good.

Thank you Ken for at least some support. if you look at slmost any sick modded import (jdm imports mainly) they will have takata harness's. i personally could care less what any one thinks. I know there's kid's on here with takata green TE 37's with matching green valve cover. and i bet if you ask him he would agree on how sick takata harness's are.

as for the comment on posing how many of you guys actually track your car. if you do then you can say all you want about the topic if not your just being a hipocrit all i was asking for was an opinion not an insult (upbum)

And if you ask me I think his Takata green TE 37's are silly looking. Look it just doesn't match the black and red interior. Go find some nice Schroth belts in red or black. Also, get a proper racing seat so that the belts go through the holes in the seat and fit correctly. If your looking for head turning a racing seat and a red harness would look pretty snazzy. I'm a realistic guy though. If you aren't racing spend the money elsewhere. A stereo or body kit perhaps? I hear they like those at Hot Import Nights. (laugh)

Appearance mods make you a poser, not performance mods. You can walk the walk with performance, Appearance is all for show. people who "JDM" there cars are poser, because were not in japan, and after all that money for appearance your still running your slow ass 16 on the track, and still cant take a corner over 20mph.

as for the appearance factor of this buy, look at it this way:
red+black=win
red+black+green=fail

but then again, thats JMO, if you think u can pull it off then hell, go for it.

The only reason harnesses look cool is that they imply that you actually race/autocross your car. On a track. Legally.

IMHO, if you do not participate in such activities, then installing harnesses is called "posing," and makes you look like a douche whenever anyone finds out they're just for show. Sorry, hate to sound like a prick, but that's how I feel about it.

Kinda like having the fire extinguisher mounted on the A-pillar.

If you do race (or intend to begin soon), then by all means, install them. Safety first. Don't forget to buy a proper DOT/Snell approved helmet, too, if you haven't already.

If you don't race, there must be something better to spend your money on.

(mswerd)

Back