How to make Custom Sway Bar End links

These are for the rear, I didn't measure the fronts yet. I decided to try the rears first and see how they turn out. They have different sizes.

thats nifty, those will adjust for the right size for front and rear then right?

Stopped by Jegs and these are perfect!!!! Much stronger than all-thread and should last longer for a DD.
These will break just like the AWR ones. Maybe not in the rear, but if you buy these for the front they will break. The rod ends (please stop calling them ball joints, they aren't ball joints) are male, and aren't likely made out of strong material for the price you paid. Eventually the male end will snap where it enters the rod because the stresses at that point are the greatest and it's the weakest point in the part.

If they break, darn. Just gotta get a $7 endlink down the street at Jegs. These are stainless so it should hold up pretty good.

Stainless is nice for rust prevention, but it's actually a weaker metal that a hardened steel. According to McMaster, two rod ends of the same dimensions, the one made out of stainless has a static load of 3500lbs, while the steel one is rated at 9500lbs. I do plan on using stainless steel materials because I'm sick of the bolts/nuts rusting, forcing me to cut them off when messing with the struts. No one really knows how strong these need to be rated to not break under daily/auto-x use. If you found something that doesn't rust and doesn't break for $45 a piece, then that's a damn good find because the AWRs are the same price, they rust, and they break.

I might get some Chrome-Molly endlinks if these ever fail. They are susposed to be stronger. Who knows, unless the car is going to be track driven every day it's not going to be a big deal.

well i am cutting my threaded rods this weekend for mine. based on my measurements, the rear have to be cut 6.5" inches due to the S Techs and 9" for the fronts.

I found out that the ends that came with this kit are chrome moly. Makes this an even better deal.

I saw that on Jegs' web site that a large number of the rod ends they sell are Chrome Moly with a very, very high strength rating, but they only sell them as separates. Did you buy these? Because they aren't the same rod ends as the loose ones they sell. Just trying to find on their site what you actually bought.

Just ordered some threaded rod and the rod ends from mcmaster. Along with the nuts and bolts and o-rings from the hardware store and the new MSP rear cross-member Chris ordered for me today, I should have a reliable and worry free rear suspension setup. Can't wait till next weekend now.

Just ordered some threaded rod and the rod ends from mcmaster. Along with the nuts and bolts and o-rings from the hardware store and the new MSP rear cross-member Chris ordered for me today, I should have a reliable and worry free rear suspension setup. Can't wait till next weekend now.

That is ... until your rear sway bushings wear out and you get clunky clunk.

Latest posts

Back