How to make Custom Sway Bar End links

Are you guys having any binding issues with these? I only ask because if you went with a rod end like this, you get a wider swivel range and push the rod end away from the mounting point. This would alleviate the need for the O-rings and the bolt.

I was going to try those out when I do my rear set. I haven't noticed any binding. I check on them every week to see how the are holding up. They are doing good

as i'm totally lame and dont know wtf i'm purchasing.. here's what i need

front endlinks from hole to hole is 13 1/2"

rears are 7 1/2"

what all do i need to buy from mcmaster to work correct?? thanks for the help!

I am going to attempt this endlink build for the front. Got almost all the part except for the male threaded rod, which i will pick up a Lowe's or Home Depot and next week and make my first attempt. Will update thread...

how long were the bolts did you use? i got the 1 1/4 bolts...it looks like in the pic that its 2 inch bolts...am i off?

as i'm totally lame and dont know wtf i'm purchasing.. here's what i need

front endlinks from hole to hole is 13 1/2"

rears are 7 1/2"

what all do i need to buy from mcmaster to work correct?? thanks for the help!

You should be able to get a 2ft piece of all thread (3/8-24 fine thread) and cut it to size. You can get that from lowes or home depot.

how long were the bolts did you use? i got the 1 1/4 bolts...it looks like in the pic that its 2 inch bolts...am i off?

2in bolts were used.

i'll likely order those for all 8. front and rear.

so you're saying it's that joint, butted right up against the sway bar/strut tab..goes through the hole to the nut? no washers or anything?

Washers on both the endlink sides and one on the strut bracket. Just make sure that you cut the right length on the all thread or else it will no mate up.

96superneon
this is what i came up with for my mp3 cost about 30 bucks for all parts, the rods i had made at a local machine shop, one side right hand thread the other left!

Don't be too disappointed by not buying these because they are unproven:
ItemDetailScreenBallJointLinkageHeavyDutyFemale.gif

They might not be that great, since no one has tested them out and they don't have force ratings. They might also be awesome and everything we are looking for. Again, they are unproven. The one guy that was/is selling clunk fix brackets sent me a prototype front end link with a similar rod end, and it clinked all over the place because the race was weak. When I pull my suspension this spring I'll be building my own front end links (can't change the rears because of SCCA rules). If someone else is brave enough you can test out the ones with the built-ins and let us know how they turn out, otherwise I will test them out come April.

Don't be too disappointed by not buying these because they are unproven:
ItemDetailScreenBallJointLinkageHeavyDutyFemale.gif

They might not be that great, since no one has tested them out and they don't have force ratings. They might also be awesome and everything we are looking for. Again, they are unproven. The one guy that was/is selling clunk fix brackets sent me a prototype front end link with a similar rod end, and it clinked all over the place because the race was weak. When I pull my suspension this spring I'll be building my own front end links (can't change the rears because of SCCA rules). If someone else is brave enough you can test out the ones with the built-ins and let us know how they turn out, otherwise I will test them out come April.

I will be the brave soul to try those out...going to order those from McMaster's today and build them for the front endlinks and will keep you guys updated.

Antonio

OK so i tried to install my end links and the nuts are completely fused on. ended up pulling the old links out of socket so the old links are off but the "bolts" that held it on are still in place. how can i get them off? my buddy and i thought if we cut the ball off it would slide out (dumb i know) of course it didn't work. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Back