Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make Custom Sway Bar End links

SpeedCircuit AV Rep

Supercharged Protege5

With the Ksports its i know itll be 6in in the front. Im not too sure about the back yet. Im going to make a set when i get my tiens back from the rebuild. I would say use the male thread because its more adjustable. You can pretty much buy a 3ft peice and have 6 diffrent sizes you can make for endlinks.
    Need Parts, Service, or Horsepower?
    Check out S p e e d C i r c u i t . n e t or Email me!
    Need pistons and rods? We stock them!
    Preorder your SpeedCircuit turbo kit today!
    Be sure to check out SpeedCircuit on facebook!

Donated: $15

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow102 View Post
    ok guys as promised the refined endlink:

First off before you say anything yes i know i am missing a jam nut, it was late when i put in the order and my dumb ass forgot the reverse threaded jam nut.

Anyway as far as parts are concerned, its two male endlinks in the 3/8"-24 threading. However one is right threaded the other is left threaded. You will also need jamnuts of the same threading once again right and left threaded. These can all be found at Mcmaster. Looking about $30 or so for enough to make two endlinks (jam nuts come in boxes of several,usually 25, so you can make multiple endlinks after the initial cost). The center rod is the trick though. It can be found at coleman racing as a shifter rod. The one in the picture is 7" long and it is pre threaded on each end for 3/8"-24 threads, one side right other side left, this allows you to loosen the jam nuts and twist the center sleeve to adjust the endlink on the car. Price is 8.75 per rod and your looking at about $18 for them. So all in all for a set of endlinks plus shipping plus mounting hardware your looking around $60ish

btw link to coleman racing is http://www.colemanracing.com/store/s...cts.asp?page=8

I am trying to find out a possible step further and get something with a hex so you can put a wrench on it. I will let everyone know how that turns out.
    link doesnt work

2013 CWP MS3 / 1977 Celica GT

Quote Originally Posted by Tzar177 View Post
    link doesnt work
    I think coleman racing is just down

SpeedCircuit AV Rep

Supercharged Protege5

No wonder...lol
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow102 View Post
    I think coleman racing is just down
    are all the shifter rods a 3/8"-24?

are all the shifter rods a 3/8"-24?
    I am pretty sure they are...email coleman they will tel you
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

do they seem heavy duty?

do they seem heavy duty?
    I don't see these breaking short of an accident

SpeedCircuit AV Rep

Supercharged Protege5

Ill be hitting up SCCA tomorrow...so we will put them to the test! lol

Donated: $10

2002 Mazda Protege5

So which ball joint ends are the best ones from McMaster? Has anyone tried this on a P5 with Tokico blues that could tell me how long to get the rods?

Mazda Protege 5

It depends more on your springs that the struts because that is what makes the ride heights different. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If you are on stock springs then they would need to be the same length as the stock endlinks.

Quote Originally Posted by judman13 View Post
    It depends more on your springs that the struts because that is what makes the ride heights different. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If you are on stock springs then they would need to be the same length as the stock endlinks.
    Correct shocks won't change the ride height normally (there are exceptions to this rule but protege tokico blues are not one)

And you want what ever length is going to keep the sway bar parallel with the ground like it is in stock form

Donated: $10

2002 Mazda Protege5

So I'm going to be installing the tokico hp kit (hpk247) with their 'tokico performance springs'. It says it will lower it 1.4 Front / 1.75 Rear so I'm guessing the new endlinks need to be that much shorter accordingly? Can those shifter rods be cut to the needed lengths easily? I have access to a garage.

SpeedCircuit AV Rep

Supercharged Protege5

So I didnt get to go to SCCA that day. I got called in to work. Ill be getting my Teins back from the overhaul soon. Once Those come in ill be modifying the original setup of the endlinks more nuts and washers. Ill update the first post also. AND....once that is all done ill be hitting up the next SCCA session.

Since you bumped this I added the rear endlinks to the rx7. Had to go with 7/16ths rod ends due to the bolt size. Need to get another set for the front even though the tiny ones are still working perfect lol.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast