How to make Custom Sway Bar End links

oooh.. i like.. cheaper than any of the s*** people are selling now...

now.. i just need to know what to buy for a lowered msp.. and which s*** would be the best... help?

oooh.. i like.. cheaper than any of the s*** people are selling now...

now.. i just need to know what to buy for a lowered msp.. and which s*** would be the best... help?

What's the length on a stock endlink? You can get the center rod as short as 6"

What kind of coilovers are you going to run? The set that i have (the male thread) is 6in plus the ball ends. (for the front)

BTW im using Ksports....for now....

What kind of coilovers are you going to run? The set that i have (the male thread) is 6in plus the ball ends. (for the front)

BTW im using Ksports....for now....

well for the msp-i'm lowered on megan springs.

for the lx-i'm looking at a newish set of ksports if i can find the money for them.

With the Ksports its i know itll be 6in in the front. Im not too sure about the back yet. Im going to make a set when i get my tiens back from the rebuild. I would say use the male thread because its more adjustable. You can pretty much buy a 3ft peice and have 6 diffrent sizes you can make for endlinks.

ok guys as promised the refined endlink:

First off before you say anything yes i know i am missing a jam nut, it was late when i put in the order and my dumb ass forgot the reverse threaded jam nut.

Anyway as far as parts are concerned, its two male endlinks in the 3/8"-24 threading. However one is right threaded the other is left threaded. You will also need jamnuts of the same threading once again right and left threaded. These can all be found at Mcmaster. Looking about $30 or so for enough to make two endlinks (jam nuts come in boxes of several,usually 25, so you can make multiple endlinks after the initial cost). The center rod is the trick though. It can be found at coleman racing as a shifter rod. The one in the picture is 7" long and it is pre threaded on each end for 3/8"-24 threads, one side right other side left, this allows you to loosen the jam nuts and twist the center sleeve to adjust the endlink on the car. Price is 8.75 per rod and your looking at about $18 for them. So all in all for a set of endlinks plus shipping plus mounting hardware your looking around $60ish

btw link to coleman racing is http://www.colemanracing.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=8

I am trying to find out a possible step further and get something with a hex so you can put a wrench on it. I will let everyone know how that turns out.

link doesnt work

So which ball joint ends are the best ones from McMaster? Has anyone tried this on a P5 with Tokico blues that could tell me how long to get the rods?

It depends more on your springs that the struts because that is what makes the ride heights different. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If you are on stock springs then they would need to be the same length as the stock endlinks.

It depends more on your springs that the struts because that is what makes the ride heights different. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If you are on stock springs then they would need to be the same length as the stock endlinks.

Correct shocks won't change the ride height normally (there are exceptions to this rule but protege tokico blues are not one)

And you want what ever length is going to keep the sway bar parallel with the ground like it is in stock form

So I'm going to be installing the tokico hp kit (hpk247) with their 'tokico performance springs'. It says it will lower it 1.4 Front / 1.75 Rear so I'm guessing the new endlinks need to be that much shorter accordingly? Can those shifter rods be cut to the needed lengths easily? I have access to a garage.

So I didnt get to go to SCCA that day. I got called in to work. Ill be getting my Teins back from the overhaul soon. Once Those come in ill be modifying the original setup of the endlinks more nuts and washers. Ill update the first post also. AND....once that is all done ill be hitting up the next SCCA session.

Since you bumped this I added the rear endlinks to the rx7. Had to go with 7/16ths rod ends due to the bolt size. Need to get another set for the front even though the tiny ones are still working perfect lol.

Back