Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make Custom Sway Bar End links

Mazda Protege 5

Would it not be better to get the Self-lubing Bronze ones??

I have no clue about this stuff so just a simple question.

SpeedCircuit AV Rep

Supercharged Protege5

It was the cheaper one I think.
    Need Parts, Service, or Horsepower?
    Check out S p e e d C i r c u i t . n e t or Email me!
    Need pistons and rods? We stock them!
    Preorder your SpeedCircuit turbo kit today!
    Be sure to check out SpeedCircuit on facebook!

Mazda Protege 5

Oh ok...So no benefits other than that? lol
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2013 CWP MS3 / 1977 Celica GT

cool thanks for the info...i might be able to butt these up against eachother and create an rx7 end link

SpeedCircuit AV Rep

Supercharged Protege5

You could get one male and one femaleand put it together like that if you need it really small.

To judman13 it has a carbon race so you don't have to lube the bearing. Also the load for that ball end max is like 3900 lb's
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Protege BH with BJ engine

good write up Iam going to to this .

sweet just ordered a set of ball ends. i went with the size right underneath yours to get the extra couple degrees of swivel

Mazda Protege 5

What thread direction did you get? if it even matters.

Quote Originally Posted by judman13 View Post
    What thread direction did you get? if it even matters.
    Normal threading for me since I am going to do what was suggested and thread a male and femal together. The point of getting a left and right threaded ball link though is so if you have a rod with an adjustment you can twist the rod to change the length instead of having to take the whole thing off the car.

SpeedCircuit AV Rep

Supercharged Protege5

Yup sounds good...Mcmaster ships pretty quick. Post up some pics when you get it done!

Quote Originally Posted by 808P5 View Post
    Yup sounds good...Mcmaster ships pretty quick. Post up some pics when you get it done!
    If they ship tonight I may have them tomorrow (mcmaster warehouse on the west side of atlanta)

I actually got to thinking the may solve a couple problems on the rx7 where I need ball ends

SpeedCircuit AV Rep

Supercharged Protege5

Glad I could help...lol

Good news, bad news and excelent news

Bad news is I got my endlinks today and I should have gone one size larger (the size 808 bought) as the bolts are a touch too big to go through the eyelette so I don't want to use these for my front sway bar (for those who don't know rwd cars usually always have a larger front bar and a smaller rear bar, opposite that of fwd)

Good news is since the rear bar on my car is a twig (maybe 10-15mm bar at the most) I am just going to use these for my rear bar so they don't go to waste.

Excelent news and thise applies to everyone is I did some more research and I found some stuff that will allow you to have a smooth center rod as opposed to the threaded rod 808 used (sorry I think the smooth rod looks a whole lot better) I will let every one know how it works out as I am going to use it to build a camber link for my rx7

SpeedCircuit AV Rep

Supercharged Protege5

I didnt know where to get the female center. Especially in the size that i needed. So I went with the male thread so I could cut it down to get the size that I wanted. (That and I have a 6 foot piece so i can make more if needed)

Donated: $15

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow102 View Post
    Good news, bad news and excelent news

Bad news is I got my endlinks today and I should have gone one size larger (the size 808 bought) as the bolts are a touch too big to go through the eyelette so I don't want to use these for my front sway bar (for those who don't know rwd cars usually always have a larger front bar and a smaller rear bar, opposite that of fwd)

Good news is since the rear bar on my car is a twig (maybe 10-15mm bar at the most) I am just going to use these for my rear bar so they don't go to waste.

Excelent news and thise applies to everyone is I did some more research and I found some stuff that will allow you to have a smooth center rod as opposed to the threaded rod 808 used (sorry I think the smooth rod looks a whole lot better) I will let every one know how it works out as I am going to use it to build a camber link for my rx7
    These? http://www.mcmaster.com/#6516k61/=2lol47 I bought these and they are very cheap. I didnt even use them cuz i thought the first bump i encounter that they would snap in half

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast