Front wheel bearings

SpeedPro5

:
02 mazda protege 5
my right front wheel bearing is bad so im changing both sides im just wondering if the bearing has to be pressed in the hub..

My dealer did my d-side and said only replace whats broke, the other may last 200,000 miles(hump)

Yea I too just replaced my front two.Just used some good ol elbow grease to get the new bearings in.

i'd never trust aftermarket more than OEM... but that's me. More likely to break something else along the way as well. why double your chances at failure? I'm not trying to tell you what to do so please don't take it that way.

i know im changing them cause u never know maybe a week after i change the one bad one the other one starts to go bad u know i dont wanna take the chance. mazda didnt have them in stock so i had them ordered them

i'd never trust aftermarket more than OEM... but that's me. More likely to break something else along the way as well. why double your chances at failure? I'm not trying to tell you what to do so please don't take it that way.

Depends on the part. When I got a quote from a shop for replacing my wheel bearings, they talked about an aftermarket bearing that is supposedly sealed better than the OEM ones to resist corrosion and wear. Dunno if it was true, as I ended up ordering the OEM bearings and doing the job myself. But sometimes you'll find that aftermarket parts are made better than OEM in that they address specific shortcomings of the OEM parts.

Back