Changed the ATF and now .......

LX_StreetGlow

Contributor
:
'03 LX Pearl Black A/T
ok First off all i got a 03 Pro with 74k miles, and this is third time that i changed the ATF, last time i used Royal Purple Synthetic and tranny loved it :) however this time the Stores i checked didn't have any for a while so i got Mobil1 Synthetic ATF instead, and now since i changed it (week ago) there's an issue when the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd, its a bit rough, i can feel it when its about to shift, it kinda shifts to "slow" so during the shifting process the RPM raises by about 500 or so.... (the best way i can describe it is that, from 2nd it starts to shift and it seems it gets 'stuck' for a tenth of a second causing rpm to rise, and than it finally shifts) and it only happens from 2nd into 3rd... any ideas???

thanks

{edit} oh and also this time i also used Seafome for trannys, in hope that it would clean it up a bit, before i drained it.....

Last edited:
I doubt that the problem could be the Mobile 1. Most likely, the seafoam loosened something. I'd say your best bet may be to wait a while before draining the Mobile 1 and replacing it with another synthetic. Seeing that you live in very hot area, I'd say you should use synthetic fluids, though.

they are synthetic (for the last 40+k miles, all i been using is synthetic fluids) gona try and get Royal Purple ATF again....

also where could i find filters for the tranny?? i'm gona go ahead and replace it when i change the fluid again (gona order Royal Purple online)

Your local auto parts store may have them, but if not, the dealership will. Remember that the filter, which is not really designed to be changed regularly, should last a long time, so don't feel bad about the price.

Back