ScratchNSniff's Protege5 Progress Thread...Lots of Pics...

ScratchNSniff

Undisputed Parts God
:
Way to Many
Well...this is a long time coming as I just haven't had the patience to sit down and get this whole thing together and figured out...luckily I have taken a lot of pictures along the way and can somewhat remember what has been done...

I picked up this car in February of 2008 and have been slowly doing work to it...

Hopefully you guys will enjoy looking this over and it will give me a place to go back and update...

Current Mod List

Performance Mods:
Speed3 Custom Exhaust
Injen CAI
Mazdaspeed Protege Front Brake Upgrade
Tein S-Tech Springs
Mazdaspeed Rear Sway Bar
GT Spec Ladder Bar
GT Spec Front Lower Tie Bar
GT Spec Trunk Cage
Corksport Bronzoil Bushings

Exterior Mods:
Black-Out Tails
Black-Out Turn Signals
Black-Out Side Markers
Black-Out Headlights
Black-Out Emblems
Blacked-Out Rear Valance
Blacked-Out Keyhole Surround
Rear Wiper Delete
Tribute Washer Nozzles
Speed3 Rims w/ Pirelle P-Zero Nero Tires
Carolinamazdas.com Decal
DG CF Mirror Covers
S2000 Antenna
323F Badge
DG CF AutoEx Replica Grill
Familia Badge

Interior Mods:
08 Mazdaspeed3 GT Seats (Front/Rear)
Speed3 Dead Pedal
JDM Leather Center Armrest
EDM Single DIN Clock/Cubby
DaveB Guage Rings
Blacked Out Pillars
Blacked Out Headliner
B&M Short Shifter
MOMO E-Brake Boot
MOMO E-Brake Handle
MSP 3.5 Pedals
02 P5 Cupholders
AutoEx CF Shift Knob

Stereo Mods:
Pioneer Premier CD Player
Pioneer 6" GPS/Backup Camera Display
JL Audio Rears
Focal 6v2s Components Front
Alpine PDX-5
Optima Red Top
DIYMA 12" in Custom Box
Custom Built False Floor to interchage audio/trunck cage

Few days after I got it...

DSCI2296.jpg

DSCI2298.jpg

DSCI2301.jpg

DSCI2302-1.jpg

First photoshoot a few days later...

DSCI2308-1.jpg

DSCI2310-1.jpg

First MOD...Blacked out Rear Valence...

mazdaprotege5.jpg

Second MOD...No Smoking...

DSCI2294.jpg

Decided to get rid of the stock CD Player...

DSCI2488.jpg

Few more pics with a friend...

DSCI2487.jpg

DSCI2452.jpg

Decided to start blacking out...did the tails/side marker lights/fogs/emblems...also went with 5% tint on the windows and 30% on the front...

msprotege1.jpg

msprotege4.jpg

msprotege6.jpg

101_1140.jpg

Decided to pick up some audio and decided to go with the JL10W7 along with a Kicker ZX1000.1...also had the Boston Acoustic Components hooked up to a Kicker ZX650.4 amp...

cm2.jpg

101_1133.jpg

Got tired of the radio pocket so decided to go with the Mazda block off plate...

MazdaMeet240.jpg

Decided to pick up a Racing Beat exhaust/MSP Engine Cover/Injen CAI...

101_1129.jpg

Went with an S2000 antenna/Mazda3 5-Spokes/Blacked out headlights/DG CF Mirror Covers/Foglight Deletes/Tribute Nozzles...

019.jpg

101_1137.jpg

mp5.jpg

Picked up a DG Interior Package along with Momo E-Brake Handle/Boot...B&M Short Shifter/Corksport Bronzoil Bushings/Mazdaspeed Protege Shift Boot/Knob/Dave B Guage Rings..

101_1131.jpg

101_1136.jpg

101_1130.jpg

momo.jpg

Got a new dog (that rides in the car) so decided quickly after I got it to sell most of the DG CF pieces...replaced with a set of Mazdaspeed3 cloth seats I picked up from Rogue...

MazdaspeedSeats009.jpg

MazdaspeedSeats007.jpg

Picked up a GT Spec trunck cage along with the ladder bar and lower tie bar...also got a MSP rear sway bar and Kenwood DDX7015 headunit...

FSThread062.jpg

Got a lead on a set of Speed3 leathers, so I decided to replace the cloth ones...not only that, but I got the rears with it as well...also decided that the Audio Setup was just to much bass for me and took it out...picked up a Double-Decker leather armrest and EDM Single DIN slot...got rid of the Kenwood as well and installed another Pioneer headunit and Pioneer GPS...

144-1.jpg

009.jpg

Dropped the car on Tein S-Techs and had the Mazda3 rims powdercoated black...

011.jpg

Wrecked the car and blew the motor...we won't get into the problems with the motor I got as a replacement though, but needless to say the car isn't running still...I did however get a Fidanza Flywheel, port/polish the intake manifold, remove butterflies, got a Spooled Up Racing Header, powdercoated Valve Cover, ARP head studs...

AlexsCameraPictures153.jpg

AlexsCameraPictures165.jpg

AlexsCameraPictures163.jpg

Decided that I needed to upgrade the brakes, so went with the MSP brake upgrade, Speed3 rims with 215/35/18 Pirelli P-Zero Neros, Speed3 exhaust, rear wiper delete, DG CF AutoEx replica grill...and installed the new system consisting of an Alpine PDX-5, DIYMA 12" sub, Focal 6v2s Components...also picked up a 3.5 MSP front lip (Not Installed Yet)...

080.jpg

083.jpg

008.jpg

I did have the car running for like 4 days and made it to one day of EECMM before snapping a camshaft in half, so here are a few pics of how it sits right now...

048.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

017.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

Thanks to all for looking and I will do my best to update this thread as everything goes along...if you have any questions/comments feel free to post...hope you guys like what I have done to the car...

LMFAO BANANAS!

BEST MOD EVER!

Dude I really like it! I'm not a fan of the blacked out tails but ya know...

Those speed3 rims are really nice. You should consider boost :)

I love the interior leather seats. It matches the colors and curves of the interior really well. The lowered stature is really nice also.

Nice pics. Ur car is looking really good. Do u really dirve around with the bananas? I wonder how they look after 20 min on the freeway. lol.

LMFAO BANANAS!

BEST MOD EVER!

Dude I really like it! I'm not a fan of the blacked out tails but ya know...

Those speed3 rims are really nice. You should consider boost :)

Thanks man...and I am no go on the boost...I can't even get a motor without it to run...

Looks good! What did you use for the tail light black out?

Thanks...mix of clear and black shot throught a paint gun...

I love the interior leather seats. It matches the colors and curves of the interior really well. The lowered stature is really nice also.

Thanks...

Nice pics. Ur car is looking really good. Do u really dirve around with the bananas? I wonder how they look after 20 min on the freeway. lol.

Thanks...and yea...they just start rotting out on the bottom real bad from scrapping...

All I could think of while looking at the pics was the commercial about how many times we change our mind every day! It was cool how much you documented the car, though :)

How much of a b**** was it o get the MS3 seats to work?

And, on a related note... still got the cloth ones?

And on an unrelated note... I wanna work where you work with all that disposable income.. fark

All I could think of while looking at the pics was the commercial about how many times we change our mind every day! It was cool how much you documented the car, though :)

Lol...sooo true...I appreciate it man...I have been meaning to do this for some time, but just never did have the time to go through it and post up the pics I wanted to with the description of what was going on...

How much of a b**** was it o get the MS3 seats to work?

And, on a related note... still got the cloth ones?

And on an unrelated note... I wanna work where you work with all that disposable income.. fark

1. Speed3 fronts were actually fairly easy as I already had the brackets for them...the rears were actually the difficult part, but fit a lot better than most would ever of thought...they are welded in though...

2. I have since sold the cloth seats...

3. It is called living at home, having no bills other than a $300 car payment and $500 insurance a year...I actually delivered pizzas up until three months ago when I started waiting tables at Cracker Barrel...I also do quite a bit of buying/selling various items...

Man those seats are pure sex!
How much did it run you? And how were'd you get the brakets? Costom?

Lol...sooo true...I appreciate it man...I have been meaning to do this for some time, but just never did have the time to go through it and post up the pics I wanted to with the description of what was going on...

1. Speed3 fronts were actually fairly easy as I already had the brackets for them...the rears were actually the difficult part, but fit a lot better than most would ever of thought...they are welded in though...

2. I have since sold the cloth seats...

3. It is called living at home, having no bills other than a $300 car payment and $500 insurance a year...I actually delivered pizzas up until three months ago when I started waiting tables at Cracker Barrel...I also do quite a bit of buying/selling various items...

Just curious how old are you and is that just pip coverage? Car is paid for i assume right? And btw you suck I pay more then that in 3 months! Grant it's on two cars but still!

Man those seats are pure sex!
How much did it run you? And how were'd you get the brakets? Costom?

Thanks man...I have about $100 in the seats...$200 in the front brackets...rears were hacked up by me and put in...front brackets came from Rogue...

Just curious how old are you and is that just pip coverage? Car is paid for i assume right? And btw you suck I pay more then that in 3 months! Grant it's on two cars but still!

Car has 14 more payments left on it...I am 20...about to be 21, am on my parents insurance (luckily) and have not a single violation against me on my record...I get a discount for my dads retired military, my grades, my mom being in education, me being in education...pretty much our insurance policy gave me and my brother a ton of reductions and that is why we went with them...insurance is in fact full coverage with a $500 deductible...

Back