Ipod input question....searched but no solid results.

you can also try the xcarlink, i have on my MS6, it charges my ipod and i can the steering wheel controls to skip songs.
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=142&osCsid=j4vg4737jap1cam5bpbjistvq1

I'm picking up a 2006 MS6 GT this saturday and have been researching ipod options...with the XCarLink, there's the following note:

NOTE for 2004 Mazda 6 and ALL international Mazda 6: The factory headunit requires a small modification to the circuit board in order to enable use of the auxiliary/satellite radio port. This was not an issue in 2003 and was resolved for the 2005 model year. If you have a 2004 Mazda 6 or a Mazda 6 that was manufactured in Japan and would like more details, please contact us.

I know the MS6 is assembled in Japan..so is any special modification necessary?

I'm picking up a 2006 MS6 GT this saturday and have been researching ipod options...with the XCarLink, there's the following note:

NOTE for 2004 Mazda 6 and ALL international Mazda 6: The factory headunit requires a small modification to the circuit board in order to enable use of the auxiliary/satellite radio port. This was not an issue in 2003 and was resolved for the 2005 model year. If you have a 2004 Mazda 6 or a Mazda 6 that was manufactured in Japan and would like more details, please contact us.

I know the MS6 is assembled in Japan..so is any special modification necessary?

nope, the Xcarlink is pretty much plug and play. no modification needed for the ms6

I have a auxmod basic and love it. It allows me to keep Sirius and do iPod as well. I have the cable coming out at the cupholder compartment. Also hard wired a charger for the iPod and use that to charge the iPhone.
Best part is.I can use it as not only a iPod charger n play songs but it will work as a hands free for the phone. Set the radio volume to to avoid feedback and place the phone on the armrest so it picks up your voice.

Well, it looks like the AuxMod Basic/Advanced are on a long term hiatus. Are there any other companies out there that make something similiar?

Yes, I've posted about two options in just over the last month.

I did a quick scan and only found the Grom input that you mentioned. I like that one, however, the idea of having to solder something (I drive an 06 MS6) to make it work is not appealing to me. What is the other option?

I did a quick scan and only found the Grom input that you mentioned. I like that one, however, the idea of having to solder something (I drive an 06 MS6) to make it work is not appealing to me. What is the other option?

I didn't solder anything during my installs into an 06 MS6 and an 07 wagon. Both worked fine.

has anyone had experience with the xcarlink Ipod + bluetooth combo? I have a nano & iphone 3gs I want integrated into my car while keeping steering wheel controls intact. iPhone would just be used as a phone, not an ipod.

Back