Pave your driveway or Else...

Is it not Illegal for the patroller to step foot on private property in order to place the ticket on the windshield?

Is it not Illegal for the patroller to step foot on private property in order to place the ticket on the windshield?

I guess since they have "cause" because they see a car illegally parked...they can.

So stupid. I am fuming right now and this effects me in no way.

Human rights? Where?

actually no, they are government employees, if there is a law being broken, it is there job to enforce it... although I dont not agree with the actions taken by the officers in that particular state, but it sounds to me like it wasnt a lone cop doing it, and if it was more than one officer doing it than it probably came from higher up.

This law will not work in the town I live in. The reason being is that over half of the driveways are unpaved. The housing development I live in is a private so we rarely or if never see cops driving thru. Half the houses have paved driveways and the other half doesn't. Mine is one that doesn't.

Just another way to make money.

Last edited:
and never mind, I just read half of the article, it was not a police officer going around and writing the tickets... but at least someone is trying to make it right by getting the tickets thrown out, that oesnt excuse the fact that it never should have happend, unless the city wants to pave the drive ways for them... but it sounds like they have money issues in there budjet, so I very seriosly doubt that will happen.

what is "paved" though? what if you have a brick paved surface? what if the gravel is your paving?

Yeah, seems like that's one way they're trying to get more money.. that's crazy. And what is the reasoning behind why people should only be allowed to park on paved surfaces? :bs:

Easy solution.

Get orange spray paint.. Write "paved" on your gravel driveway.

That way the surface has been paved.

To a certain extent the law makes some sense. When passed, they were probably concerned about fluids dripping off cars into the ground instead of pooling on concrete or tar where it could theoretically be cleaned up, but I cannot believe they wrote it with the intention of forcing every homeowner in town to pave their driveway. It was probably to keep people from parking on soft shoulders and in vacant lots instead of on proper surfaces. Somebody took advantage in a blatant fund raising scam.

The government make more money from you if you have a paved driveway. They can tax a paved driveway, at least where I am from.

Back