Hennessey successfully shoves ZR1 LS9 into Camaro

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring

Hennessey Performance has successfully completed the most crucial step in developing its ZR1-powered HPE700: Getting the Corvette ZR1's LS9 motor to fit in the engine bay of the new Camaro. John Hennessey just sent over these images that show the before and after, and from the look of things, the supercharged 6.2-liter V8 fits nicely.

The engine cover that's visible through a polycarbonate window on the Corvette ZR1 lines up nicely against the Camaro's firewall and it appears there's still some room left in front of the engine. While the LS9 normally produces 638 hp in the ZR1, as its name suggests, the Hennessey HPE700 will be shooting for over 700 horsepower. Only 24 examples will be produced and Hennessey has already sold 11. If you're interested, check out the official specs and features on the Hennessey Performance website.

I wouldnt :p still a hideous car on the inside, and have you sat in one yet? you can't see for s*** outta the car...

I wouldnt :p still a hideous car on the inside, and have you sat in one yet? you can't see for s*** outta the car...

Typical Camaro. I would be right at home in it because I am use to driving F-bodies and other cars that have blind spots.

Mustang's aren't too bad... Challenger seems like they would suck but I haven't been in one.

The car is nice, but damn that's a clean, well-organized garage! I expect nothing less from an outfit like Hennessey.

I was really impressed by it. It drives very similar to a 04-06 GTO and a G8. I would be happy with the 3.6L V6 that makes 304hp. What more do you really need?

Back