Best way to clean leather seats/trim?

Strobe Media

:
2004 Mazda 3 hatchback
who has some tips on cleaning my leather seats and trim around the car? i bought armorall wipes and they're HORRIBLE!

Sorry you wasted money on armourall

Well the condition of the leather will play a little on what you need and what you need to do.

Because of the clients I work for I go all out. I use some excellent leather products, but they are on the pricey side. It's call Leather Master (by Uniters). Their cleaners, conditioners, and protectants are the best in the biz. But you can run down to the store and get what you need to get a reasonable result. Lexol and Leatherique are two products that work fine. For cleaning I often use my mixture of woolite/water with a microfiber towel (PM me if you want that). You can use a scrub brush like this one if you have build up in the grain. Then simply apply a conditioner/protectant. Not a big fan of the typical big name brands for this kind of job. Lexol is in stores, and I think Leatherique is in some. But if you want it done the best, search Leather Master.

Also note that Mazda does not use that great of a leather grade. No need to spend the extra money unless you really want to. I used Lexol for years. I now use Poorboys Leather Stuff for my cars. If I owned a high end car then yea, I'd use the best.

Also note that Mazda does not use that great of a leather grade. No need to spend the extra money unless you really want to. I used Lexol for years. I now use Poorboys Leather Stuff for my cars. If I owned a high end car then yea, I'd use the best.

Good point. However the leather master product will soften even the cheapest leather, which other products can't do. And a little goes a long way. So really it's worth it no matter what.

Back