full size spare

djza2u1

:
08 Black MS3
I was wondering if anyone is running a stock mazdaspeed3 rim as the spare. It looks like it could fit if you remove the spacer in the trunk but would like to know for sure.

you might be able to...jack your car up, take a wheel off and give it a shot.

I believe the MS3's spare has an outside diameter that is equal to the size of the outside diameter of the stock wheels (or at least is should considering it's got an LSD), so it should fit as long as you can get enough depth by removing the spacer. Haven't done that myself though, so I can't say for sure...

I just bought new rims so i have 3 good rims and 2 have tires on them so i wanted to run a full size spare. Ill have to try it later this week.

so what's the actual difference in overall diameter between the spare and the stock wheel/tire?

This is definitely good to know, as I most certainly will be changing one of the good rears to the front and using the spare on the rear if one of my front tires ever has an issue that will require me using the spare...

Any autocrosser will tell you you can just buy a tire bag & toss the full sized wheel & tire in the back, no worries. Sure, it won't be hidden, but with a bag over it, it won't muck things up back there, either.

Back