its time to say goodbye...

pr5owner

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda Proteg5
sold my car on saturday, now im currently carless, i went to mazda on saturday before i sold it and the guy said oh yeah your EGR Valve issue is under warranty (after arguing with him and even giving him the TSB number so he didnt have to look it up) only to find out on monday from the new owner that it wasnt.

mazda vehicles are great value for what you pay but the service is the worst s*** ive ever had to deal with. ive been to toyota, nissan, honda, GM, and audi and ive never had service this bad.

the rep actually said to his coworker "hey this customer comes in spewing bulls*** about a technical service bulletin........... " and he goes on about some part number << seriously WTF is that, do you talk to all your customers behind their back like that?

anyways, the mazda was fun to drive but its time to say goodbye to mazda permanently. ive only ever had good service with 1 mazda dealership out of 4 in calgary, my first visit to stoney trail mazda (brand new mind you) ended up making them lose 2 customers (me and the guy who just bought my old car)

next stop 310HP RWD LSD 6 SPD, anyone care to guess?

Last edited:
A "friendly" note to this guys manager about your service experience works wonders sometimes. Hopefully

A "friendly" note to this guys manager about your service experience works wonders sometimes. Hopefully

oh i know the mgr, hes a jackass too (i think he even got in trouble from the owner of the 3x mazda dealerships about sextual harrasment)

uhh nope.. i dont prefer domestics, but the mustang is kinda gutless,

Mustang 4.0L V6 = 210ish HP
******* 3.8L V6 = 310HP with better gas millage for the same price (but has way more standard features incl leather and adaptive HIDs)

Sweet choice man. That will be my next car within a year. I plan on getting the 2.0l.

Well thats a bummer. I have had nothing but good luck with my Mazda dealership and am on my 4th Mazda in 5 years. Good luck with that Hyundai!

Sweet choice man. That will be my next car within a year. I plan on getting the 2.0l.

i would of got the 2.0T as well but the V6 comes with EVERYTHING standard including leather and the LSD!, the only thing its missing is the track stuff so better suspension rims brakes and tires.

if i got the 2.0T with an LSD it would have the upgraded brakes and rims but the brake caliper is too big to fit on smaller 17" winter tires so i cant go with that.

was it kramer mazda by any chance? cuz they screwed me around on my transmission for over 6 months. bastards. now they keep sending me junk mail to come get my car serviced there. not a chance in hell!

was it kramer mazda by any chance? cuz they screwed me around on my transmission for over 6 months. bastards. now they keep sending me junk mail to come get my car serviced there. not a chance in hell!

no kramer fuct up my rims putting on 40 series tires and then charged me to get them repaired (more than the rim was actaully worth)

northhill forgot to fill up my car with oil, and the second time they didnt tighten the drain plug on so i leaked oil the entire way home

stoney trail mazda is just full of assholes

sunridge mazda is.... OK....... got service twice there, dont recall any problems or screwing around. fixed my broken wheel bolt quite quickly actaully.

keep in mind however, kramer, northhill and stoney trail are all under the same owner.

Back