Proud New Owner!!!

flaps720

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege & 2006 mazda rx8 gt
While I absolutely love my MSP and have learned more from it then I would have ever known about cars, it has come time part... tons of sweat, wrench time, and stress was poured into the MSP, which is only one of the reasons I love her. The MSP was the most fun car I have ever driven, it demanded the respect of its superiors in handling, and had no competition when it came to originality and individuality. It is in that respect that I began the search for a new ride, and luckily I didnt have to go far...

While it is a sad day today because my beloved "Zoey" will officially be put on the sellers block, its much easier for me to digest now that I can proudly call myself the new owner of this 2006 Winning Blue Mazda RX-8 GT with a young 22,000 miles...

Thanks for looking, and thanks for everyone whose posts helped me learn what it means to own an MSP!

6.jpg
mobile.jpg
7.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
10.jpg
4.jpg

First mods will be cosmetic, I'm going mazdaspeed style wing, 20-30% tinted windows all around, and powdercoating the stockers a dark gunmetal. I'll prolly have to throw on an exhaust too... damn it, the mod bug bit and I havent had the car 12 hours...

looks good! love the color(interior and exterior). if i ever got rid of my MSP one of my top choices would be an RX-8... i'll be curious to see how the mods progress.

Get the ms front bumper, they're so hot!
In time for sure. The whole MS kit is gorgeous, not to flashy, ricey, or over-the-top, subtle but still packing a mean presence.
nice pick-up jim! it'll be sad to see the MSP go though, we should shoot some photos before its gone!
hell yea, im hoping the weather holds cause tomorrow night will be one of the few thursdays I dont have band prac and can make it to the ross meet
thanks everyone, this thing is a blast to drive! Until the MSP sells though, I get to live it up baller status and have my choice of two sweet rides...

Do I want front wheel drive and turbo-charged? maybe I'll go rear-wheel drive and rotary powered...

Hmmm, its hot today, forget the black leather, I'll opt for the cloth trimmed seats....

Do i wanna make obnoxious blow-off noises through town? Nah, I feel like revving ridiculously into the 9000 rpm range...

Maybe I feel like crusin with the windows down, blasting and jamming out to some sick tunes.... uhhh, hmmm they both have premium sound systems....

Maybe I feel like whipping it around turns and hugging curves needlesly...uhhh, they both have been considered to be some of the best handling cars ever created...

Maybe I feel like showing off, what car will I look better in.... uhhh, I'll look awesome in both....

haha

i got rid of an RX-8 to get my MSP.. looks nice.. buy they are SO SLOW!

yea they're def. not the quickest around the track, but I couldnt find the g35 i wanted in my price range and knew i would get sick of the 350z's 2-seats...plus, now I have something to build towards!

was this the one for 18,000? what did the final price come to if you don't mind me asking?

Looking at getting one of these myself...

i got rid of an RX-8 to get my MSP.. looks nice.. buy they are SO SLOW!

you have to know how to drive it....
and compared to a fully built turbocharged motor, really anythings stock in this price range is going to feel SLOW

after Personally riding in a 06 Ford GT everything is super slow....

was this the one for 18,000? what did the final price come to if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah i think this was the one your asking about, it was originally $17,500 and I offered 15k cash, which was rejected (not surprised, the car is valued at over 20k), so I moved some money around and decided to pay off the MSP and then i ended up getting the rx-8 for 17 flat. I think it was fair, it was babied its whole life and i had a mazda mechanic look at it to make sure.
you have to know how to drive it....
and compared to a fully built turbocharged motor, really anythings stock in this price range is going to feel SLOW
true...this car doesnt scream off the line but def. has its pocket where it takes off, but so does my MSP, its just becoming used to where it is and how to use it... I can honestly say that the rx-8 bone stock is right there with my moderately modified MSP in terms of speed, but feels much more rigid and less flimsy in handling it.

Best upgrade I did was Progressive front and sway bars. Instant and obvious improvement in the turns. And an improvement to the RX8's already notable handling isn't the easiest. Well worth the money and made me enjoy the drive all that much more.

Best upgrade I did was Progressive front and sway bars. Instant and obvious improvement in the turns. And an improvement to the RX8's already notable handling isn't the easiest. Well worth the money and made me enjoy the drive all that much more.

Thanks for the insight!

Back