50,000 Mile Reliability Report

todd92

So our 07 GT FWD just rolled over 50,000 miles. It's been to the dealer only for 2 SB items. I change the oil with Mobil 1 0W-30 every 10,000 miles, I've changed 2 air filters and 1 cabin filter. I use Blizzaks on 17" wheels for the winter and recently replaced the crappy OEM Bridgestones with Pirelli STR-A's. It still runs and looks like new. Great car.

The Pirelli's are fine, they look like they would have decent winter traction and only time will tell for service life, but I would be shocked if they don't greatly exceed the 28,000 miles it took to make the Bridgestone's bald.

I just replaced my Duelers at 25k. Not bald, but worn to Lincoln's head. LOUSY traction even on dry by then.

LOVE my Yokohama Parada Spec X's. Looking forward to seeing how they perform on ice. Supposed to be pretty good.

todd92,
I just read up on the Perelli STR-A(T-rated) yesterday. It seems very affordable ($99 per) but the users' reviews are pretty so-so compared to the Yoko-Spectra-X ($160 per). I guess it's Bang-for-the-Buck. The UTAQ rating is actually very good (520 A A) compared to (400 A A) for the Spectra-X. The STR-A should last a long time.

P.S. The "A' stands for American version. In Europe, it is STR only.

Mine has 17,000 on the odometer.
Problem: 1 (rear windows couldn't roll down - styrofoams got loose inside - glued back)
TSBs: 3 (hill climb lose power, front brake noise, sliver door trim)
Recall: power seat (not done yet)
Rattle: seat belt buckle against B-pillar
Overall, nothing catastrophic (the one that gets you stranded on the side of roads)

Love my CX9 so far.

The Pirelli's are fine, they look like they would have decent winter traction and only time will tell for service life, but I would be shocked if they don't greatly exceed the 28,000 miles it took to make the Bridgestone's bald.

You went thru 2 sets of Duellers until 50k or original set until 28k then got the Pirelli and drove them for 22k miles?

Would hate to have to buy tires every 25k - 30k miles. Most of all my cars were replaced with Yokos after the OEM and the generally last 60k.

thanks for the update!

i'm working to put 500miles on the odometer at this moment...i think we may have just passed 400 a couple days ago... :)

able to get 16.5 or so mpg on the first tank of gas as i just filled her up yesterday... makes me think i should drive the bmw more as i haven't sold it yet.... 16.5 mpg or....27-9 mpg...yikes!

able to get 16.5 or so mpg on the first tank of gas as i just filled her up yesterday... makes me think i should drive the bmw more as i haven't sold it yet.... 16.5 mpg or....27-9 mpg...yikes!

Mine has close to 5K on it and I struggle to get above 16 MPG in mixed suburban/highway driving. Really that is my only complaint so far

well...i was not "one with the zoom-zoom" during the first tank...i suspect if i let the peddle have it, i would be getting some pretty craptastic numbers...we'll see where this second tank goes....

i still hesitate slightly when i grab for the 85 octane gas they have here in colorado...85?!?!?! yikes!

Just hit 32k (had the expensive 30k service done).

Issues so far:

1. Clock lost about 5 minutes per month. Dealer replaced clock
2. Coud pull key out with tranny in any gear. Dealer replaced a linkage under the console free.
3. Clicking in rear HVAC. Dealer replaced fan motor free.
4. Bluetooth would not connect or "blow away" my pairings. Dealer worked with Mazda engineers to work some kind of magic to fix.
5. Squeaky door. Dealer replaced hardware no cost.

To me these are relatively minor issues I had taken care of when I brought her back for regular servicing. No motor or drivetrain issues. Brakes are still at about 80% of service life.

After the 30k tuneup car drives like new.

07 T FWD hitting 40700 miles. Runs like a baby still. Did all the routine oil changes and tune ups when required. Still have not purchased an extended warranty to date.

Also chaned tires at 39,995 to Good Year HL Edition. Prepared for the winter. The tires that came with the vehicle were terrible and slipped alot in snow. I am loving these tires. Haven't snowed here yet, but I believe I am prepared.

Back