p0705

dominoy2k1

Contributor
:
02 1500 4x4, mp3
got this code after removing SSftc. could it be one of the wires that is not properly soldered. if not how can i test if its the neutral switch. engine revs go up when i release clutch and drop to normal when pressed.

ok so my electrical knowledge is limited but did some troubleshooting. i used a voltmeter to check for continuity. checked from neutral switch to ecu harness. one side has some interference. so i checked the entire harness figuring its a short somewhere. checked continuity from bad side to all wires there were 4of them that had feedback. how do i know which wires is causing the feedback on the neutral switch? would it be the one with the most or least amount of feedback? maybe i am doing it wrong. any help would be appreciated.

well fixed a ground wire everything is good. didnt remove the cel though. did some more troubleshooting and the reverse switch was ******. ordered a new one. its now fixed.

The reverse switch that's in your trans?

Also - did your reverse backup lights work while you had this CEL?

Could you tell me which of these sensors you replaced to get rid of P0705?

1. Speedo sensor (for non ABS cars)
  2. Neutral Switch Connector
  3. Backup light switch sensor

My speedo works, so I know #1 is good. My backup lights work, so I know #3 is good. I already replaced #2 and have the same issue still. :/

Attachments

• trans_sensors.png
    trans_sensors.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 389
The gray clutch switch at the TOP of the pedal?

I just replaced that and I still get the dreaded CEL.

yes sir. it came on once after i replaced them. ever since i swapped engine harness it hasnt been back.

Anyone have any more luck with this.... New neutral and clutch switch and replaced wire 64 to sensor harness and still random stalling and refusal to turn over and stay running and p0705... then shes fine a few minutes later.

Driving me nuts... Re-dislocated my should pushing it off the road in a busy intersection yesterday after a skateboard accident last year. After new grounds and new signal wires on both the neutral safety switch and clutch switch to pins 6 and 64 and still throwing this damn p0705

I basically bypassed all the factory wiring with a direct replacement problem is car doesn't know when to idle if these sensors aren't in tact....

For future reference for someone to save many headaches start at the sensor first even if you just replaced it...

K so after bypassing all connections and still having the same issues... the last thing to check was also the first thing that was done... putting in a new neutral safety switch. Switch was damaged due to the tip of the threaded part of the sensor was apparently protruding too far tip got boogered up and the plunger wouldn't come all the way out...maybe was supposed to have a washer?? Any way I had an old one with broken wires that I re-soldered and stuck in there but it was still obstructing me from sliding into gear... cut out a washer and all is good now. Tranny rebuild coming soon but I'm hoping something is not off with my shift linkage that caused this?

Back