MS6 Pic Request - Aftermarket/Tinted Tail Lights

Neofolis

I generally like the appearance of the MS6, but I'm not a big fan of the tail lights. I know there have been a lot of pictures previously showing tail lights either in general threads of tail light specific threads, but I was hoping a few people could post pics of different aftermarket options of custom tinted lights, ideally on black MS6's , so I can get an idea of what other options would look like on my car. Being from the UK, I have the Euro spec black lights, which I think look really cheap and placticy, because of the rim of clear acrylic or whatever they are made of, that you can see at the edges of the lights.

I have included a large picture to clearly show how the edges of the lights look.

Attachments

• _DSC0978.jpg
    _DSC0978.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 653
Ew. Car LED makes some very nice LED tail lights, which may be an option for you. If not, 20% tint them bitches!

I'm thinking tinting is probably my best, cheapest and easiest options, but I wanted to see what the different alternatives would look like. I've seen the CAR-LED ones on YouTube and elsewhere, but not usually on a black car.

GOD! Those LED tails have sex written all over them...I wish I could afford them right now...nice looking 6 man.

I'm a bit put off by the site saying, "Strictly Show Use Only, Definitely not road use".

I know some tints are road legal, as long as the reflectors aren't tinted and I do quite like the idea of cars behind me being able to see me, even if it's not for very long.

I wouldn't really expect problems from the police, but being in the UK, we have to have an MOT each years, which tests if the car is road legal and safe. There are various aspects to the test, which includes lights. The only documentation that I can find says that the rear lights have to be the right colour and sufficiently visible, but there is nothing that quantifies what is or isn't sufficiently visible.

I have been doing some photochopping to give myself some idea of different tinting options. I could have the whole unit tinted or parts masked out. Masking out the areas where the lights are would definitely avoid any legality issues if the tint is too dark, but I don't think it looks as good as a full tint.

Here is a comparison. I know it would look different if it was real, but it gives some idea.

Attachments

• Tint Test.jpg
    Tint Test.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 270
yea i hear. i just received my led tailights. its not as dark as your photoshop. the lights are very bright. i was driving behind a friend who has these, and even in the fog its much brighter than stock

1) Buy LED lights
2) Install said LED lights
3) Save stock light in a safe place
4) Take 10 minutes to swap 1x a year for inspection thus guaranteing you will pass
5)????
6) Profit

1) Buy LED lights
2) Install said LED lights
3) Save stock light in a safe place
4) Take 10 minutes to swap 1x a year for inspection thus guaranteing you will pass
5)????
6) Profit

I am a total numpty when it comes to doing anything with cars. I was going to get a garage to install the lights. 2 x garage installation (1 in, 1 out) per year, is less fun, but I may have a look and see how easily they can be changed.

I have seen pictures elsewhere that show the led's not looking tinted, but wondered why they look so much darker than my stock units. I find it hard to believe it is just because of the reflected light from the chrome parts in my stock units.

I can't use the ones with red turn signals. The law im the UK is very specific about the colours of lights and turn signals have to be amber.

I've noticed what looks like the same product on eBay, shipped from Taiwan for slightly less. Would it be the same and is eBay just being a little generous with it's approximate currency conversion.

Last edited:
Thanks TXSpeed. I'm now thinking that if I get the stock lights tinted professionally I am going to have to pay shipping to get a standard set of stock lights to me, then pay shipping to get them to whoever I choose to do the tinting, then pay shipping to get them back again. Add that to the cost of the lights and the cost of the tinting and it will probably work out about the same price as the led's, but more time and hassle.

I like the led's, but I also like the fact that the MS6 is quite understated, whereas the led's really say look at me. I'm still unsure, I will have to give it a bit more thought, but thanks for everyone's input.

Although I would love to accept credit, that m6 is not mine. I have the v6 model, I found those photos from another forum. I'm looking to buy a ms6 actually.

I'm still considering that option, but I'm fairly sure it would look a hell of a lot better if someone with half a clue did it.

Back