FS: Aftermarket LED Tail lights and Reverse!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gudzspeed3

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Okay people, heres the story:

bought these from another member, he didnt mention that these ONLY FIT FOR SPORT (NON GT) SPEED3's (that is that u cannot connect the GT's plugs, but they physically fit), and didnt take them back so now im stuck with them and need to sell them. $125 for all four lights! super cheap! the last pics are from original owners Sport Speed 3, not mine.

P5260057.jpg

P5260050.jpg

P5260053.jpg

P5260058.jpg

IMG_4990jpg.jpg

IMG_4880jpg.jpg

IMG_4922jpg.jpg

IMG_4882jpg.jpg

Last edited:
... are you sure they dont fit? that dosent make any sense, i fit GT tails on my sport, why wouldn't sport tails fit on a GT?

what part of these doesnt fit?? there is no different shape or size between sport and gt. is the plug different??

sorry, they physically fit, but the connections dont work. went to a couple shops and they said it wont work.. different connections or something.. i edited the post. thanks for the help.

no its the same connections, same harness in each car, you just need the sockets for the bulbs to fit the lights. The electrical is the same. what part of the connections did not seem to fit? ive had 3 different sets of tails on my car, and they all fit. Stock Sport tails, Stock GT tails, and aftermarket tails like you have. all bolted up, all plugged up, the only issue was the aftermarket tails needed a little trimming on the housings were the sockets for the bulbs screw in.

either way good luck with your sale

Who cares if the harnesses don't match? That's what a soldering gun and wire strippers are for.

no its the same connections, same harness in each car, you just need the sockets for the bulbs to fit the lights. The electrical is the same. what part of the connections did not seem to fit? ive had 3 different sets of tails on my car, and they all fit. Stock Sport tails, Stock GT tails, and aftermarket tails like you have. all bolted up, all plugged up, the only issue was the aftermarket tails needed a little trimming on the housings were the sockets for the bulbs screw in.

either way good luck with your sale

Who cares if the harnesses don't match? That's what a soldering gun and wire strippers are for.

I wish I knew how to do that kain. I'm not a do-it-your-selfer when it comes to electrical stuff and engine parts and such. And plus I like the stock lights better so I need to get rid of these.
And I wish the 3 places I took the lights to new what u know RC08MS3, and to answer your question, I don't remember what they said about y it won't fit.

Last edited:
by all means sell the lights if you dont like them, its just not correct that you were told they dont fit your car, when in fact all the hatchbacks, speed or not, used the same housings, bulbs, harness, etc. they are interchangable. The splicing and soldering shouldnt be needed either. i hope the shops did not charge you to look at it, because if so id go back and ask for a refund.

i hope the shops did not charge you to look at it, because if so id go back and ask for a refund.

no one charged me.. like 5 of my friends have dads or uncles or something like that that own their ow body or mechanic shops lol
i get most of my car work for free or half price depending in the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back