Forge vs APT WGA

SleepyMSP

:
2003.5 MSP
I wanted to know what would be a better course to take, a stock replacement APT WGA and get a boost controller later on or a forge adjustable WGA.

I'm looking in terms of reliability I know that the overall cost will be the same (if I go with a MBC).

I was thinking of finally uping the bost to say 9-10 PSI (probably 9 to keep a buffer from the zoom zoom boom)

soooo....opinions please

discus

They do have ATP actuators for higher boost.. I would recommend that. With the Forge there seems to be quite a few issues out there with boosting, spiking, etc. I've never heard of any issues with the ATP one.

duh.....I'm an idiot, I totally forgot they made different boost level WGAs....thank for reminding me I'll probably end up doing this

yeah i can't hold boost with my forge wga... it always drops off as revs increase. It kind of sucks. The thing will probably last forever, unlike the ATP i had in there before (i only got about 20K miles out of it), however, i kinda wish the forge would crap out so i would have an excuse to replace it.

I love my Forge WGA because I can lower the boost.
I'm running 5 PSI DD (fuel economy) then 10 psi full boost with my Profec

I love my Forge WGA because I can lower the boost.
I'm running 5 PSI DD (fuel economy) then 10 psi full boost with my Profec

Im my opinion that really defeats the purpose of shelling out for an adjustable WGA if your going to leave it around stock levels and still get an EBC. you could have gotten a ATP WGA for 5 PSI and still used the EBC with it afterwards but hey to each his own I guess

ATP is the best, it wont last as long but its cheaper and its a better unit im on my second ATP and I have had good luck out of both of them.

Is going through WGA every 20K or less really good luck???? With then said I've been having a similar issue with my Forge unit with boost leak. But won't know if it that or the BOV until I get my new BOV in... I like that fact that the Forge unit is rebuildable and you can adjust how much boost your running from the WGA itself. Also when you decide to go over 10 psi you just need to change out the spring instead of removing the whole thing

What exactly is the difference between the OEM WGA (besides price) versus both the less expensive ATP and Forge WGA's? I'm probably going to be replacing mine soon after the current work I'm getting done, but for now I'm transferring over the old stock WGA.

The stocks are expensive and tend to fail often, plus you have more options when getting one of the after market ones

Back