slowtege5

:
mazda protege5 turbo
(cryhard)Well It finally happened. Bought the car in 2005 with 58k on it and now it just turned the dial to 100k.(or digitally, whatever) anyways i'm kind of sad but i've got to say even through the turbo install of it i've never needed repairs on it just brakes and regular maintenance. just got to hand it to mazda for building a great car.

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for your car when you bought it?

I bought mine for $4700 (from an individual on craigslist) in september 2008
Its a 2002 Protege ES
All stock.
Had about 91,000 miles on it.

Was it a good deal?

You got a decent deal

Social, sounds like a good deal. you can check www.vmrintl.com, and a private party bought car should be somewhere in the middle between wholesale and retail.
BTW, i'm at 99996. Next trip anywhere and i'm in the 100K club!

Congrats, man. I'm at 97,300 right now, putting on about 80 miles a day, so I should hit that mark here in about a month and a half.

dang,thats good :D congrats dude, im at 108K, just did timing belt, water pump, cam seals, and stuff and internals looked new, no leaks at all :D

I'm at 120k now. An oil changed was supposed to take place back in March. Never happened lol. I might need to get my tranny flushed and power steering fluid changed too but the car still drives amazingly. I might just change my own oil.

Nice man, I just rolled over 160k

I should be getting a totaled MSP in the next few days though

*evil grin*

I was on vacation and loaned my car to a trusted friend (she has spare keys to just about everything I own) and she rolled over 100k. It depressed me a little. That was in march. Now I'm at around 101200.

Man, I love that name. It insults our car and at the same time gives our car great character. It's like the cute little granny car. The Slowtege!

Man, I love that name. It insults our car and at the same time gives our car great character. It's like the cute little granny car. The Slowtege!

My buddy called it that one day and we both got a huge laugh cuz it was random. He has a redline, the best i could come up with is flatline, but it's just not the same.

Latest posts

Back