80mm Exhaust for the MSP

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
If we built an 80mm diameter MSP exhaust system would anyone be interested in it? The price would be ~$449 for the exhaust. We would build it from 304 stainless steel.

Post away any comments of suggestions.

Thanks for reading

Derrick

i might be interested. would it have the same design as the 60mm exhaust?

Would it be possible to build a more ''low profile'' muffler look, because your exhaust sound so perfect but the muffler gets u a ticket just for its looks.

We would be using the same design as the 60mm exhaust. For a lower profile design I can look at once we doing a production sample. We are going to get one made and see how it goes from there.

I assume this would be a cat-back only? group buy possibly?

there's only a few exhaust options for the MSP, I think this would be a great addition

i think an 80mm from CorkSport would be a welcome addition to the MSP exhaust selection. not to mention a HUGE seller for the company...

Make one for the P5 and I will buy it no questions asked. I currently have your full exhaust setup (S/J pipes and full exhaust) for the P5 and love it - I just wish it were a bigger diameter. I know there wouldn't be much market for a 80 mm P5 exhaust but how hard would it be to change up the axle-back section to fit?

EDIT: Another thing you guys might want to consider is placing a bung in the midpipe section of the exhaust. It wasn't a hassle getting one welded in but it would have made life easier if it were already there. Those who don't need it can simply plug it for cheap anyway (cheaper for us who need one welded).

Last edited:
i think someone should do another turbo back. we don't gain from cat backs anyway unless you have other parts like mid and down pipe. and the two that did make them no longer do.

i would prob buy it if u made it for the p5 as well
cuz custom really isnt what i want to do but ill have to if there isnt any other choice

Getting the extra O2 bung on the system wouldn't be a problem. I will be getting my car up on the lift in the next few days to make sure of the clearance over the front subframe brace for the 80mm diameter piping.

This will take a little bit of time to get going. I will post up pictures of the production sample when we have it ready.

Derrick

No one makes this, but I had one made. They make them for Neons. Mid-Pipe with the QTP Electronic Exhaust Cut-Out Placed Before a High Flow Cat. Maybe make it so you can run a pipe out behind the driver/passenger side tire. You wont throw a code because exhaust still goes through the cat and hits the sensor(not as much, but still reads properly). Also, there is no better exhaust system for a turbo car then no exhaust.

largeimage.asp

Just like this but with a high flow cat after the cut-out inline with the rest of the oem pipe routing.

I'd buy a 3" turbo back exhaust so long as the tip wasn't massive and it didn't sound like garbage.

No one makes this, but I had one made. They make them for Neons. Mid-Pipe with the QTP Electronic Exhaust Cut-Out Placed Before a High Flow Cat. Maybe make it so you can run a pipe out behind the driver/passenger side tire. You wont throw a code because exhaust still goes through the cat and hits the sensor(not as much, but still reads properly). Also, there is no better exhaust system for a turbo car then no exhaust.
I think this is getting a little out-of-scope here. While I agree cut-outs are great options I don't think this should be included. Mainly because the price and complexity of the system will be exponentially increased
I'd buy a 3" turbo back exhaust so long as the tip wasn't massive and it didn't sound like garbage.
Do a search for Corksport and you should be able to find sound clips. They may even have a sound clip or two on their website (I can't remember). In my opinion it does not sound buzzy or like "garbage" at all. Regardless of what it sounds like I don't think we are in too much of a position to make demands.

Do a search for Corksport and you should be able to find sound clips. They may even have a sound clip or two on their website (I can't remember). In my opinion it does not sound buzzy or like "garbage" at all. Regardless of what it sounds like I don't think we are in too much of a position to make demands.
Fair enough, I suppose the pickin's are slim. Still, I don't want my MZP to sound like my neighbors Honda either. I'd rather custom make an exhaust if that's the case. A nice, somewhat deep tone is perfect.

Back