Wheel Vibration

5zoom

:
08 Mazda5
I've got an 08 5AT and when I brake above 65 or so, I get a vibration coming through the steering wheel. It only vibrates at high speed and only during braking. The van still brakes fine and does not pull in either direction. Once I've slowed below 65 or so, the vibration goes away. I thought it might be warped rotors, but then I figured it would do it all the time. I've had the wheels balanced and rotated. I've got almost 28600 miles on the original tires.

Any ideas?

ditto, to that, I had the same problem, after I got the rotors resurfaced and brakes changed, didn't have that problem anymore. I'd try that first.

ditto, to that, I had the same problem, after I got the rotors resurfaced and brakes changed, didn't have that problem anymore. I'd try that first.

def.....it's cheap 'first fix'.....just put the car up on stands and pull the rotors, call around and find a place that will machine 'em. should be more than 40-50 total for both. o'rieleys here in tx charged me 15 a piece to machine them

Thanks for the replies. I had them machined(they were slightly warped) and they were able to keep the same pads I had(plenty of life left). So far, no vibration and no squealing.

Is there a technical service bulletin on this some place, wonder if I could get them to translate it to the Premacy ? (thought)(wow)

Peace@ya!(rei)

Ummmmmmmmmmmm.....

Be careful not to wash your wheels when the brakes are still hot...

(humpleg)

So, I'm driving along on a hot ass day ...
98+ and way humid, brakes are red hot
and doing well, ... then all of a sudden
(Like it does here in the tropics of Okinawa
Japan) rain sets like a light switch... and
BAM hit a big puddle of water, a feet deep,
sploosh right in, no choice, so....

Am I F'ed? Did I just ruin my brakes by washing my
hot brakes? (whistle)

I think throwing water on 'hot brakes is bad', is a myth, anyone confirm?

Peace! (rei)

(humpleg)

So, I'm driving along on a hot ass day ...
98+ and way humid, brakes are red hot
and doing well, ... then all of a sudden
(Like it does here in the tropics of Okinawa
Japan) rain sets like a light switch... and
BAM hit a big puddle of water, a feet deep,
sploosh right in, no choice, so....

Am I F'ed? Did I just ruin my brakes by washing my
hot brakes? (whistle)

I think throwing water on 'hot brakes is bad', is a myth, anyone confirm?

Peace! (rei)

YES. Steel when heated and quickly cooled unevenly looses its original shape (were talking about small imperfections in the runout of the rotors) It can sometime lead to cracks too.

YES. Steel when heated and quickly cooled unevenly looses its original shape (were talking about small imperfections in the runout of the rotors) It can sometime lead to cracks too.

Thanks! I'll avoid driving when it rains... :(

Peace!(rei)

Back