Mazda5 is vulnerable for break ins

MZD5

:
2009 Mazda5
I just found out today that mazda 5 have the same problem as the mazda 3. We just got ours 3 weeks ago and someone already broke into our mazda 5. Don't know what are they trying to steal but all they took is my prescription eye glasses and left my brand new work boots in the back seat with the box opened (Maybe they are affraid of the work boots will encourage them to get a job and earn an honest living). I haven't even wash my brand new car for the first time and this pathetic thief left me a big dent and crease on the driver side door, and a $300 insurance deductible. So watch out guys and gals don't leave anything I mean not even a tissue box in your car.

Same deal as the 3? A hit right below the driver's side door? I thought they had fixed that in later 3s and the 5 has a totally different door anyway. Not good.

I just found out today that mazda 5 have the same problem as the mazda 3. We just got ours 3 weeks ago and someone already broke into our mazda 5. Don't know what are they trying to steal but all they took is my prescription eye glasses and left my brand new work boots in the back seat with the box opened (Maybe they are affraid of the work boots will encourage them to get a job and earn an honest living). I haven't even wash my brand new car for the first time and this pathetic thief left me a big dent and crease on the driver side door, and a $300 insurance deductible. So watch out guys and gals don't leave anything I mean not even a tissue box in your car.

Boy sounds possible...what reference do you have to this issue? Sorry to hear about the break in...I bet they just wanted to sit in it for minute ..jk

sorry to hear. where in new west are you? i just got a new 5 about 1 month ago.

I remember hearing about this on the 3, but this is the first that I have heard of this on the 5.(uhm)

Thieves suck, but Karma always wins, and if not, rest assured knowing that they have a special place in hell!

That sucks dude. Thieves will go for a quick steal which is probably why they didn't go after your work boots. Make use of the glove box and lock it in high risk areas. It's too bad the 08 and 09 doesn't have the concealed centre storage.

This was probably fixed

At the same time the 3's issue was fixed. Probably old news.

Can someone explain this vulnerability ive never heard anything about it.

Can someone explain this vulnerability ive never heard anything about it.

supposedly a good kick to the driver side door will pop the lock...atleast that is what the deal was with the threes

Thanks.

I think ill practice it on my own until I perfect it and then I can make myself the richest man on earth. moohoo ha ha ha......minus the huge A$# dent in my door ;-)

A kick to the door or a smash of the glass....same difference. If there is anything of perceived value in your ride, it is vulnurable to attack.

Out here in the burbs, we have a (perhaps) false sense of security as we close the garage door on our 5 with the keys dangling from the ignition...lol

Back