no lift shift and launch control

Hey what going on guys i wanted to thank everyone for helping me with all the questions i have had. I am still very new here and i still have lots more questions lol. The other day i came across the WOT box. Has anyone tried this? Also i heard that Cobb might be putting the no lift shift and launch control in their Accessport is this true? Being the n00b that i am does this damage the car in anyway? Also what exactly does the launch control do?

i have 29k miles, and I no lift when im running it hard. no problems.

Only do i No lift while racing. Yes it can dammage your clutch and transmission if not preformed correctly. Also. Yes, Cobb has said to be releaseing a software for it, as far as my knowledge it hasnt released yet. N2MB has a WOT box, many ppl are useing, its a pretty nice tool. But you do have to cut and splice wires for install of box.

Launch control would be a big help. We already have no lift shift. We have a soft rev limiter. It simply holds the revs at redline when you flat shfit, rather than cutting fuel or spark.

I've made many flat shifts. I shift WOT at 5500 rpm and just keep the pedal down. She revs up to redline and settles down into the rpm for the next gear with no hesitation.

But launch control would be huge.

Only do i No lift while racing. Yes it can dammage your clutch and transmission if not preformed correctly. Also. Yes, Cobb has said to be releaseing a software for it, as far as my knowledge it hasnt released yet. N2MB has a WOT box, many ppl are useing, its a pretty nice tool. But you do have to cut and splice wires for install of box.

What is this correct way you speak of? I didnt know that it had to be done a certain way.

What is this correct way you speak of? I didnt know that it had to be done a certain way.

"Roughly slamming it into gear. Incorrect..(ricer)

I flat shift also, when i learned about it. It helps a hole lot for sure. The only thing i wonder about launch control, is that since it builds to 3psi during its process, wud that be to much power to launch with on street tires? Because if i just blaze them, it would defeat the purpose in a proper launch. You know?

Last edited:
Where did you hear that lauch control builds boost the 3 psi? Whose launch control?

The correct launch on street tires is very low rpm. I'm now launching at 2,000 rpm. If conditions are a bit more sticky, I might launch at 2200-2300, but no more.

Our ECU and turbo do not build boost that low.

Now you will be on boost, but not full boost for the 1-2 shift, which happens only 2.0 to 2.3 seconds into the run, depending on your launch technique and shift point. You will be very busy in the first three seconds if you are doing things right.

A 2200 rpm launch with feathered throttle in first and second and flat shifts looks like this:

Attachments

• speed v. time 04-10-09.jpg
    speed v. time 04-10-09.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 186
Thats a Recipe to run a 15 in the 1/4. With a MM and Good Tires. ive launched this car at 3200 rpm and featherd the clutch out, and have barely spun the wheels.

N2MB website says that its builds boost, it has nothing to do with the ECU at this point, remeber its the WOT box not the ECU. So like i said, have you ever heard it? or seen it in person? the little backfires and exhaust gases pouring out the exhaust during this, is being slammed through the turbo housing spining the turbine. Im pretty sure this WOT box works along those lines, not saying thats EXACTLY wat it does so dont take it to heart.

Thats a Recipe to run a 15 in the 1/4.

Whose "recipe" are you referring to? I'm running 13.4's at 107 on stock tires and rims, with the stock ECU and no two step, only CAI intake and catless DP/RP.

I know what a two step is and how it operates by selectively killing power to some of the cylinders so as to keep the launch revs where you select. I've seen them in operation - nasty sounding but effective if set up properly.

try running that up here. you won't hit anywhere near that.

lol. Track elevation is 19 feet! Our problem is that come late June temps get scorching hot (95-100+) and dripping wet humidity sets in for the rest of the summer and into early fall. The good track conditions will be history in a month.

Cool thanks for the good feedback does anyone happen to know if Cobb has an ETA on the no lift shift and the launch control? Also this maybe totally irrelevant but would an occ help prevent the excess gas and stuff from going into the exhaust?

PS: i dont expect this eta to be set in stone and nor should anyone else im sure it will be subject to change.

Last edited:
Back