Missing maintenance schedule items

I was browsing through the owners manual and noticed that there is no maintenance schedule listed to change the fuel filter or the transaxle fluid. Maybe I'm just blind, but I cannot find this information anywhere. Surely, these items have to be changed at some point.

Anyone know where I can find this info? (hand)

You can go to mymazda.com.
Register your car and you will have all information at your car home page.

According to most manufacturers they do not need to be changed so they leave the services out of the schedules in their manuals.

Clifton

Well I checked the service schedule at mymazda.com. There is still no mention of service for the tranny or fuel filter (unless you're in Mexico). Maybe that's the way new cars are designed now, but it still seems hard to believe.

I know the '06 Corollas said that their transmission fluid "never" needed to be changed. But, after 36K that fluid was already black, which is not the normal color. Point being, I highly doubt that it never needs to be changed, although you are correct and it is not listed in the manual.

Tranny fluid every 30k. Fuel filter is with fuel pump. Not usually changed unless fuel pump fails.

Maint is left out pretty much now of the manual. It all depends where you live for maint schedule. Here in Texas we recommend tranny every 30k because of the heat. Just ask your dealer.

Back