HOW TO: MS3 Engine Torque Damper Install

seems the rattling is common....mine rattles like a mofo....i even took it off, reduced the length slightly, it pushed the engine back and reinstalled it......good for a week then rattle city......poop

I was definitely going to get this for christmas but now not so sure after hearing all the complaints about noise. I'm fine with increased engine noise, but I certainly don't want to hear rattling because the damper keeps coming loose.

This is kind of duh, folks. It's going to work loose with time because it's subjected to a bunch of high frequency vibes all the time. Set it up a little long and LOCTITE all threaded parts in the shock body and rod, including the end cap and the heim joint threads. Then, you'll have no issues.

I may have missed it, but I didn't see the brand name of this in the OP. Can anyone point me to a link where this part can be bought or at least a description page? Thanks! :)

can anyone post a vid of a cold start/driving with the ETD? It's hard to get an idea of how much increased noise to expect esp as everyone has different levels of tolerance for the noise...

Back